Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Andy, and congrats on the placings. I'm not sure about that 'Mossie' - it's very well done, but apart from the debatable camouflage scheme for a FBVI of that Squadron, there's something about it which doesn't quite 'click' - not sure what yet!

Thanks everyone.

Terry, I took the Mossie to be a bit too clean for my liking. Where "dirtying" was attempted, it didn't look right - check out the exhaust stains which appear as just a clump of black soot as opposed to feathering out rearward. Having said that, the fit and finish were top notch.

Cracking stuff there in the North!
Well deserved win matey.
I love these show posts. Coming up in June is one at a local AP, but it's been disappointing the last two I have attended. So keep'em comin!

Tell me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the code letters be C*EQ on the starboard side of the Lanc????

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, and yes there was lots of goods stuff in the show and I'll have more pics to come. Armour and Ships too. As to EQ C:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 83
Bill, in most cases, the Squadron codes were displayed before the roundel on both sides (i.e. Sqn codes first, then roundel, then individual letter), with some exceptions mainly due to the size of the available area for the regulation size of the code letters, in relation to the regulation position of the roundel. (there was a fairly comprehensive set of regulations for all this, which in translation at unit level sometimes caused confusion!)
The size of bomber fuselages allowed this without problem.

This next category is for 1/32 Single Prop OOB. I believe there were 7 entries.

Gold went to this V-1 kit by Bronco:

Bronco V-1.jpg

I have notes saying this Tamiya Zero got second...

Tamiya Zero Silver.jpg

.. and that this Hasegawa FW190D-13 came third.

Hasegawa Fw190D-13 2.jpg

Hasegawa Fw190D-13.jpg

Bill, in most cases, the Squadron codes were displayed before the roundel on both sides (i.e. Sqn codes first, then roundel, then individual letter), with some exceptions mainly due to the size of the available area for the regulation size of the code letters, in relation to the regulation position of the roundel. (there was a fairly comprehensive set of regulations for all this, which in translation at unit level sometimes caused confusion!) The size of bomber fuselages allowed this without problem.

Well then.......... going back to my repair of the Halifax, should I have done the same???? And I have a Lanc in a box, how do I verify that one? Hints?

Didn't take a shot on the other side Wayne but it had the oblong late D supercharger intake. What gives it away as a 9?

Well the primary issue is the gun cowl, D-13 has no cowl guns and a straight flat shape not bulged, if it has the oval intake rather than round then that creates a further question, why fit a D-13 intake and not change the cowl? Sure it was oval shaped and not round?

Besides the aircraft depicted is actually Black 3 not Red 3 of II/JG6, a 600 or 601 series D-9...small white fuselage cross.

Hmm, beyond a bubble underneath the Dora's starboard wing cross I didn't see any issues, where there were a couple things that made the Zero look a tad messy.

The aerial immediately drew my eye. I thought the V-1 looked rather nice, but seems a rather uncomplicated build compared to the Zeke and 190D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back