Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, thanks Andy - only one 'jet' entered? As mentioned elsewhere, although nicely done, the V-1 is a fairly simple kit/build.
Bill, yes, the Squadron codes should be as mentioned. Let me know which Lancaster squadron you intend doing, and I'll double check - just in case.

Yes, Terry, just this one jet in the OOB but others coming up in the higher detailed category I think. The V-1 was simple but very nicely done and, to my eye, clearly the best build in this category despite its simplicity. Here are the others that didn't place in this category: Hobbycraft Mustang, two P-47's (didn't catch the manufacturer), and a Skyraider that didn't have an entry sheet.

Attachments

• Hobbycraft Mustang.jpg
    Hobbycraft Mustang.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 90
  • P-47D 2.jpg
    P-47D 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 97
  • P-47D.jpg
    P-47D.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P-47N 2.jpg
    P-47N 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 88
  • P-47N.jpg
    P-47N.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Skyraider no descrption.jpg
    Skyraider no descrption.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 86
Not too bad overall. Wonder if the Mustang and both P47s were by the same modeller? Similar types of errors on all three, with parts not fully aligned and so on., but look good nonetheless.

Bill, yes, the Squadron codes should be as mentioned. Let me know which Lancaster squadron you intend doing, and I'll double check - just in case.

This plane Wayne. *467 Sqn. The F/S Navigator, Kevin Waight, was the son of a close neighbor of my wifes when she was little. They were like grandparents to her. The plane went down on a Lille raid, 10 May 1944, one survivor. Your help is always appreciated.

Attachments

• cd$20file$20109.jpg
    cd$20file$20109.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Almost certainly would have the 'PO' codes aft of the roundel on the starboard side. I'll check my refs, and some footage I have of this Squadron, and let you know Bill. Incidentally, at least one aircraft in the Squadron had the full code letters repeated, in small white letters, on the outboard cowling of each outboard engine.
BTW, I'm Terry - Wayne is in Oz !!

Congratulations Andy, as already stated you were up against some mean competition. Many thanks also for taking time out to show us all these builds, it looked like there was a lot of good stuff entered.

Sorry Terry...............
My name is....................? I'll check and let you know.

The only other code markings I have seen for this sqn would a small "J" just forward of the windscreen. Haven't seen the outboard engine cowl on any yet.
Thanks for the input.

Bill, I've sent you a PM with the details, but forgot to mention the individual letter, repeated in yellow, on both sides of the nose, on all Lancasters. The yellow outlined red code letters came into use from mid 1944, for ID purposes during day light raids in support of the Allied advance - prior to this, they were Dull Red (and no letter on fin then).
Sorry Andy, back to your excellent thread.

**Banging desk with ruler**

OK class, cut the chatter and listen up! Our next category is Out of the Box 1/48 Allied Single Prop. 10 entries in this one so I'll cover in 3 or 4 posts.

Gold medal went this Beautiful Tamiya Corsair. Nice, eh?

Attachments

• Taniya Corsair Gold 1.jpg
    Taniya Corsair Gold 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Taniya Corsair Gold 2.jpg
    Taniya Corsair Gold 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back