Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2014)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beats me, Coach. I found a profile I really liked, compared it to some b&w photos I had, and went for it. I'd like to have all Moelders' aircraft in my collection eventually. I find him an interesting historical figure, and agree he was 'retired' for being Catholic and speaking out against Hitler's regime. No, I'm not political, I just respect what appears to be his conviction.

I like the Hobbycraft kits. No fit problems, no pretense and needing just enough detailing and accurizing to keep me interested. Plus, they're cheap! If I wanna bail out of a build I have no qualms about stripping one for parts and tossing the remains in the round file.

It's time I throw some more in here. This is another beauty by Simon, I think the last one I have of his entries. Tamiya Bf109E-7 Trop:

And here's the rest of the 1/48 single prop entries I took pictures of. These are all out of the OOB category but unfortunately I did not catch which one placed.

Last edited:
Happy to report that my Mosquito took first place in the twin prop super detailed category, a feat somewhat diminished by the fact that there were only two entries, including mine!

I also failed to mention that my FAA Corsair, in addition to getting the second place showing, received the "Best Hooker" award, that being the best aircraft model in the show with a tail hook.

Users who are viewing this thread