What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This morning I turned on my computer and right away noticed that the desk light I use there is clearly on its way out, even though it is no more than three years old. That light replaced another LED type desk light, which failed, as did another LED desk light before it.

Meanwhile, I have two old incandescent "Tensor" type desk lamps, at my old computer and on my workbench, that are still working fine and have been for well over 10 years. Time to give up on this Chinese LED crap! I have an old incandescent light that failed years ago due to a bad transformer. I'm going to install a new transformer and put it back into service.

By the way, I am using an old incandescent desk light on my workbench because I discovered that the LED types put out a huge amount of RF interference, which is not a good thing when you are working on radios.

Technically when talking about people of USA, we refer them as "Americans", "American" is used for anyone from US or Canada, and Latin American is used for rest of the Continent. To address the whole continent as one thing, the term "New Continent" is often used.

My lawnmower went on COVID strike! Would not start.

I borrowed one from my neighbor - in the process "fixing" his weed whacker by showing him he just had to take the battery out and shove it in again - cut a good part of my grass, took his mower back, and went to push mine around to the front of the garage so I could work on it.

And my mower started fine. Actually, better than the old fine and runs better now. Maybe it did not like that shot of Moderna WD-40 I gave it? Or else it took a while to work?

Winchester!!! Recalled a bunch of 9mm ammo with certain lot numbers having powder in them that does not ignite. Of course I bought a few boxes of it a couple months ago in anticipation of buying a 9mm pistol. And to top it all off the boxes I have do not have a lot number stamped on them at all so I'm up in the air.
Then finding there is also a recall on Winchester Super X .17HMR ammo that I bought having issues with no powder in them at all...... Have to check the lots # on those when I get home.

Oh yeah, and Herters brand, which is owned by Winchester, also having 9mm loads with bad powder as well. Don't remember if I have bought any of that recently.

Last edited:
All my ammo is still packed away in storage, so I can't check, but I seem to recall lot numbers sometimes stamped in the inner box (requiring one to remove all the rounds AND dividers) to see it.

Buck: The no powder rounds should be quite easy to figure out using a small scale. For those with bad powder, use a kinetic bullet puller, dump the old powder and reload with an appropriate, but slightly softer charge and use for plinking.

-Herters brand? I thought Herters went Tango Uniform not too long after GCA 68 ended their mail order gun business. Their catalogs were a hoot and I still have some of their stuff in my reloading cache.
-Herters World Famous .401 Powermag... never got one.

American Book Face Bitches!
Complaining about the restrictions we have for travel in Oz!!!!!!!
About Having to wear a mask!!!!
About our politicians restricting border crossing!!!!
Shitting on us "well I wanted to emigrate to Australia but if this is what its' like"!
Well guess what............. we f'n don't want your type here.
Check the numbers!!!! 50,000 people at sports games, how many thousands have died in the US????
We get single digit numbers of deaths in NSW and it's working to keep them low, so F off anti-vaxers we just don't need you!!!

Thank you for listening

What else would you expect? Politician's all have the middle name, "Flip Flop".

Users who are viewing this thread