What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm a lefty but learned how to shoot like "normal" people. It took quite some time but now I could never go back to left hand shooting.

Only problem with that is that this dog it too old to learn new tricks. I do practice shooting from the right side occasionally, but being left eye dominant and I don't see as clearly out of my right eye it just isn't an option.
Savage and Bergara also make some lefty .22LR, but each has some things I don't care for and the league I want to join has some pretty strict limits on what you can use in what they call the "Base" competition. The Tikka pretty much fits the bill if I can find one.

2 things.

Customer sending in three UNIX based servers that need repairs. Units are ancient as they have both a 3.5" Floppy disk drive and a Parallel port. Yikes!!!

Second, been looking for a decently priced left handed bolt action .22 LR for competition. Options very limited for us lefties in bolt action, a Tikka T1x looks to be what I am looking for, but have yet to see one show up in the US. May have to just settle for a Ruger 10/22 instead.
The Sportsman's Warehouse here in town had a T1X in stock, but it was a bit pricey (over 500 bucks) and I beleive you can find them at Bass Pro, too.

No, she tells me about people my age who have died with that knowing tone of "and you're probably next."
Which is probably true. But I can't afford the luxury of going to the doctor every time I have an ache or pain. I just gotta keep plugging away. And maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll wake up dead one day and the soul crushing struggle for survival will be over. And then maybe she'll get just what I've been up against trying to raise a family all these years.
Sorry for the gloom, but I'm recovering from Covid and missing two weeks of work was a big financial blow.

Just priced out the bar stock to make the oddball 8 bolts and nuts for the wings on one of my airplanes. These things are probably going to end up costing me 500 bucks a piece by the time they are done...

Only problem with that is that this dog it too old to learn new tricks. I do practice shooting from the right side occasionally, but being left eye dominant and I don't see as clearly out of my right eye it just isn't an option.
Savage and Bergara also make some lefty .22LR, but each has some things I don't care for and the league I want to join has some pretty strict limits on what you can use in what they call the "Base" competition. The Tikka pretty much fits the bill if I can find one.

Would a CZ452 not be good enough ?

-Some time ago I gave reports on the two forest fires affecting my corner of the world. One of them was the Caldor fire, a bit south and west of Lake Tahoe but stretching a bit into Nevada. I cribbed the following from news reports:
-Father and son David Scott Smith, 66, and Travis Shane Smith, 32, are being held on $1 million bail on suspicion that they ignited the Caldor Fire, the El Dorado County, California, District Attorney's Office said.
-The district attorney's office partnered with multiple agencies including Cal Fire (the state fire agency) and the California Department of Justice to investigate the cause of the Caldor Fire, which, according to Cal Fire, began on Aug. 14 and burned more than 221,000 acres (>100,400 ha), destroyed more than 1,000 structures and left five people injured.
-The fire was eventually contained after two months on Oct. 21.
-So far no reason for the suspected arson has been given.

Christmas is a little over a week away and haven't even started to shop. Back is out so hitting the stores is out of the question (not that I wanted to wander around in a Covid infested store anyway). Looks like gift cards for all!!!

Must be going around, my back's been our since friday and keeps getting a little worse each day. Took me a half hour to straighten up when I got up this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back