What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We used to do the same thing with the reusable crates a lot of our stuff came packed in. The shipping department built a lot of our crates, but they only had nail guns and no loose nails. They finally got wise and started to put crate covers on with dry wall screws, so we weren't too bad off then if they got bent. We could run the mile and half down the plant to shipping and get a handful.

I have several nice LCD monitors that are now ten years old. When people aee them, they're amazed that they've lastes as long as they have. Well, it's becaise I repaired them.
Typically, a monitor will last about three years or so, before they go out ans this is because the power supply has the lowest common denominator in capacitors. There are five of them and they're worth about 2 to 5 cents each.
I replace them with high-end caps that cost about 12 to 15 cents each which results in better perdormance and longevity.

As far as saving wood goes: for over 13 years, I saved the wood that was shipped with vehicle prisoner partitions and other equipment. The wood was there to stiffen the box and prevent the partition's legs from punching through the bottom of the box.
The wood was usually furniture grade Douglas Fir 1" x 8" x 6' or select grade Pine 1" x 10" x 6", all of which would cost a fortune in today's market.

Any thoughts on opening an import/export business? I'm sure we can find someone who can get us an old plane.
I thought about it, more than once!

No economical reasons ... Almost 95% of the money goes for plane repairs and "bribes" ... It's a very long way ... It will answer in shorter routes like Mexico to US or Iran to Armenia ... But too risky.

Light snow last night. Decided to clear it off the layer of ice from the rain the other day. Temps have dropped 40 degrees so everything is frozen solid. Finished shovelling and thought, "better throw some sand down before somebody sliiiiiiips!"
All I can think is "Please don't land on the steel shovel!" Whamm! Flat on my back, bruised back, wrenched shoulder. Fortunately nothing broken. Just gonna be sore for a while.

Ever notice that the older we get, the slower we heal?

I miss-stepped on the ladder the other day and went down hard.
Hurt like hell and the sad thing is, it was only the fourth rung.

When I was a kid, I jumped out of trees, crashed my dirt-bike jumping trenches in oil fields plus countless other amazing acts of stupidity - and brushed it off every single time.

The fourth rung of the ladder is about 36 inches, maybe?

Just sad...

Users who are viewing this thread