What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found out that at 4pm yesterday a warning of power cuts from 5pm to 11pm was issued. Yes 11 - not 9 as the article suggests.

From this mornings news @ Your state's energy system could be under strain. Here's what you need to know

"This has contributed to forecast supply shortfalls, along with generation units being offline for planned maintenance and repairs," it said.

"Supply reserve shortfalls are currently forecast in Queensland and New South Wales this evening (approximately 5pm to 9pm).

"AEMO will take further actions to improve electricity reserves, including directing generators into the market, which helped meet electricity shortfalls in Queensland and New South Wales yesterday."

Queensland government-owned electricity transmission system operator Powerlink said there were "tight power system conditions" and also asked consumers to limit energy use after 5pm.

As 5pm is the time of day that solar stops working in my area at present and there is a mega solar farm just north west of us, it would appear that our primary supply at present is critically dependent on rooftop and farmed solar and that the experts have not allowed a sufficient buffer to replace all the power stations they have closed. Given overnight lows in QLD and NSW seldom go much below freezing I hate to think what is going to happen at night come January - February.

In the early 70's, city of Houston flipped to gloss white fire trucks. Our local station, the truck had to back in off a 6 lane divided street. Running all lights and had two crew in the street waving off traffic, a lady floored it when the light turned green. Impact was so hard it broke the truck frame. She told the cops and the investigator, that she never saw the 40', 30 ton fire truck that was across all three lane in front of her. Took out a 250k$ piece of equipment.

It looks like yesterdays power blackout problem is set to continue for some time.
1655190105599.png

In the early 70's, city of Houston flipped to gloss white fire trucks. Our local station, the truck had to back in off a 6 lane divided street. Running all lights and had two crew in the street waving off traffic, a lady floored it when the light turned green. Impact was so hard it broke the truck frame. She told the cops and the investigator, that she never saw the 40', 30 ton fire truck that was across all three lane in front of her. Took out a 250k$ piece of equipment.
Wonder how much she had to drink? ;)

Had somebody rear end our brand new 100ft aerial platform while it was doing driving training before going into service. It was sitting at a light waiting to turn left on a side street (25mph speed limit)
ALL of the diamond plate on the rear end was covered in diagonal Red and Lime green reflective striping something like this
slr75-2-800x500.jpg

???????WTF???????

These days most of those sort of accidents are probably related to looking at the phone.

Queensland recently bought in cameras designed to catch that and not wearing seat belts. In the first six months they produced over 100,000 fines (at $1033 each) from a population of just 5.25 million.

Hope they get more cameras.

Got the same phone cams here in NSW!!!!!!!
I keep mine Out Of Reach!
What I hate about most new cars now, Honda HRV, no sat nav....................
it's Blue tooth to your F'n PHONE!!!!!!
Try using That as an excuse! This is why I like my old fashioned Tom Tom!

Got the same phone cams here in NSW!!!!!!!
I keep mine Out Of Reach!
What I hate about most new cars now, Honda HRV, no sat nav....................
it's Blue tooth to your F'n PHONE!!!!!!
Try using That as an excuse! This is why I like my old fashioned Tom Tom!
I notice some people now mount their phone on the back of the sun visor and keep it down. I am toying with mounting mine above the mirror and between the sun visors.

The mower runs itself out of fuel in about 15 seconds. Prime it, starts and another 15 seconds. Fuel pump replaced, both fuel filters, fuel tank drained and fresh gas in. Still no joy. Called the dealer and told him to bring it in. I suspect some electronic problem. More expenses to follow.

Some troubles but the like it....

Some troubles but the like it....
Thank you.
Now I have "Confirmation" from 4 sources!!!!!!
FlyingSModels on Youtube!!!!

The mower runs itself out of fuel in about 15 seconds. Prime it, starts and another 15 seconds. Fuel pump replaced, both fuel filters, fuel tank drained and fresh gas in. Still no joy. Called the dealer and told him to bring it in. I suspect some electronic problem. More expenses to follow.
Did you try with the fuel cap loose?
A blocked cap vent on a full tank will do that

I got an e-mail from Florida Power and Light informing me that they would be withdrawing $30 from my bank account to pay the hangar electric bill. That is about twice what it is for a month, and most of the usual $16 or so is the fixed charge; I only use about 35 KWH a month over there. I wondered if the problem I found with the GFI not being bolted down in the receptacle was worse than I thought and we had more than a momentary short.

No, turns out that henceforth FPL will charge you for at least 239 KWH/Month, even if you use only 30 KWH, or even if you use none at all. That also applies to people who have solar power systems that can give them a net cost of $0 by selling their extra power back to FPL; they'll still have to pay for at least 239 KWH/Month.

A blocked cap vent on a full tank will do that
A friend of mine had that happen on his Aeronca Champ. Bought what he thought was the correct fuel cap and had the engine quit about 6 miles from the field. He has no primer installed and uses the accelerator pump in the carb to prime it. So he flew all the way back home by pumping the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back