What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A crummy experience in the paint department at Lowe's with a CSR who simply wouldn't answer my simple question of "how long will I have to wait to get my color mixed?" So I emptied my basket of about $40 worth of stuff and walked out.

I'll go to HD and hope for better service there, or go back to McCoy's and buy their small, expensive can of premixed paint.
So bloody annoying when you can't get a simple answer. Should have asked to see someone who could tell you or asked for the supervisor or manager. :D

So bloody annoying when you can't get a simple answer. Should have asked to see someone who could tell you or asked for the supervisor or manager. :D

Had I had the time, I would have done that. But because it was threatening rain this morning and the wipers in my truck are on the kibosh, I had to get my sister's car back in time for her to get to work on time. Just another part of the annoyance, y'know?

But really, a direct question deserves a direct answer. I'm a retail manager myself; I don't BS a customer, I simply tell then if I can deliver or not, and when.

A crummy experience in the paint department at Lowe's
Later this week I plan to go to Lowes and buy my brother a new water heater for his birthday. Given the choices I expect to see there, I will ask them if they have had any concerns over AO Smith warranty service. When I bought my own AO Smith water heater, it was installed on 23 Dec 2019 and failed on 31 Dec 2019. AO Smith agreed that it was within warranty but said they had no company in our area that could R&R the required part so they sent it to me and I did it myself.

Later this week I plan to go to Lowes and buy my brother a new water heater for his birthday. Given the choices I expect to see there, I will ask them if they have had any concerns over AO Smith warranty service. When I bought my own AO Smith water heater, it was installed on 23 Dec 2019 and failed on 31 Dec 2019. AO Smith agreed that it was within warranty but said they had no company in our area that could R&R the required part so they sent it to me and I did it myself.

I replaced my water heater two years ago. Lowe's was far and away the highest quote for purchase and installation, so I simply bought the can at HD and hired a local plumber to do the installation, saving about $1000.

I usually use Lowe's for wood, as their stuff tends to be better-quality for my purposes (small home projects etc). I will use them for that again. But I got the paint I needed at HD in about five minutes with zero runaround, so I'm good. Mom will get her coffee-cup rack right soon.

HD had a very poor selection when I went looking for a water heater and I would not get one from them for weeks. Lowes had one that would work in stock; I pciekd it up with my truck and had a plumber put it in. Had I realized they now had flexible armored hoses to use for hook up I would have done it myself. As it turned out, the gas company essentially paid all the installation costs.

I now have acquired the Lowes 10% military discount.

yeah - far better

All the flex armoured hoses we have are under sinks and on washing machines etc. We have a friend who had a kitchen sink flex hose fail while they were on vacation and, like most modern Aus homes they had yellow tongue flooring - a form of chipboard. Being a major failure the whole kitchen living area and part of the hallway was flooded and that required all the flooring in those areas to be replaced. Given that builders and carpenters are like rocking horse droppings here due to the floods starting January 2022 it took about six months to get the work done.

One of my favourite restaurants in Brisbane was still not open from the Feb 22 flooding when I was down three weeks ago but they were hoping to open this week. Looking forward to eating there on March 20

I've never had a flexible SS armored hose fail between faucets, toilets, etc. The previous flexible lines I used on the water heater were the copper bellows type and they were fraught with danger. I really should replace the washing machine lines to the wall with armored ones.

HD had a very poor selection when I went looking for a water heater and I would not get one from them for weeks. Lowes had one that would work in stock; I pciekd it up with my truck and had a plumber put it in. Had I realized they now had flexible armored hoses to use for hook up I would have done it myself. As it turned out, the gas company essentially paid all the installation costs.

I now have acquired the Lowes 10% military discount.

Unfortunately Lowes stopped the 10% military discount for lumber, dimensioned wood, and most big ticket items. Its good for tools, and smaller project stuff though.

I've been using the discount for years. I just bought several thousand dollars in fencing material from Lowes and had it delivered last week. They only applied discount to the gravel, screws, pickets, and cement, but not the 4x4x8's, 6x6x8's, or 2x4x8's. Home depot was actually cheaper (they also offer a 10% military discount), but it was going to take them 2 weeks to deliver instead of 2 days like Lowes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back