What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bad things come in threes.
Car insurance premium is up 20%, plus $1000 to add my daughter.
Wife quit her job to care for her ailing mother.
They just cut our hours at work "until further notice."
If you see me holding a cardboard sign by the side of the road, be generous.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things trend upwards soon.

Ouch. Sign reads Will make models for cash.

Medicare will pay your wife a small amount to be the primary care provider for her mother. It is not much but it will help. The car insurance may give a discount if she takes a driver safety course. They can be taken on line. Your agent should have suggestions to lower the rate a little. Car insurance is expensive now days and going up. The Ave price of cars is high and used cars are not much better. I hope things get better soon.

I'm not worried until you offer your models for sale.

I don't actually have many models. My interest in WW2 aircraft is mostly from a gaming perspective. I'm a big fan of JD Webster's Fighting Wings series of boardgames. I do have boxes of 1:300 aircraft, both painted and unpainted, but haven't been able to devote a lot of time to hobbies for a while.
If you see me put my miniatures up for sale, or my books, then you'll know I'm in panic mode.

Yes, yes they have.

I was going to fly home to Germany in July, but not with those prices. It was half the price to fly over Christmas and New Years. Therefore we will be spending the holidays in Germany.

I blame my kids. I can only fly during the peak seasons thanks to them being in school. But still prices have gone through the roof. It is ridiculous.

I was going to fly home to Germany in July, but not with those prices. It was half the price to fly over Christmas and New Years. Therefore we will be spending the holidays in Germany.

I blame my kids. I can only fly during the peak seasons thanks to them being in school. But still prices have gone through the roof. It is ridiculous.
Same down here with internal or international. We went down to Melbourne a couple weeks back and to fly it was well over $1000 each for a return. With both being retired time was not an issue so we drove down to the NSW - Victoria border and then took the train into Melbourne and then did the reverse coming back. Even with overnight stops both ways and long term parking for the car in Albury, it was cheaper and we had more fun. :D

I wonder why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back