What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beg to differ. Trying to make a burn out on your Nikes is life shortening. In my Subaru its fun. Japanese mayhem but it still keeps working.

The other side of the equation, in my experience is a whole lot of fun too.

I like Tits. I say it proudly

1722543209829.png

I hear you. Brought my truck to the dealer bright and early this past Tuesday for a coolant leak. Texts me a towards the middle of the day stating corporate needs my service records so they can verify and cover under their "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty". Brought all that in yesterday morning, once again bright and early... Service guy last words "I'll get these faxed over and it usually doesn't take long once they get it. Texted him at noon yesterday and he said "have not hear anything yet, I'll get back to you as soon as I do. Limbo, haven't heard a thing since noon yesterday.
I'm starting to thing "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" means it take a lifetime for them to approve anything!!!!
They prob have fixed it and are now renting your truck out.

So, finally heard from the car repair guy late yesterday afternoon. GM will cover the repairs on my truck under their Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Needs a Water Pump and Thermostat. Heard from them again this morning and found there is a nationwide backorder for GM water pumps for my truck with no indication when they will be available. They are now checking with 3rd parts auto suppliers (NAPA Auto) to see if they have one available.
You just can't win.

Last edited:
So, finally heard from the car repair guy late yesterday afternoon. GM will cover the repairs on my truck under their Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Needs a Water Pump and Thermostat. Heard from them again this morning and found there is a nationwide backorder for GM water pumps for my truck with no indication when they will be available. They are now checking with 3rd parts auto suppliers (NAPA Auto) to see if they have one available.
You just can't win.
Neighbor's brand new 2021 F-150 got hit a month after he got it. Ended up sitting in the dealer's back lot with the rear frame on a stack of pallets waiting on one part. Got the repaired truck back after 15 months.

Neighbor's brand new 2021 F-150 got hit a month after he got it. Ended up sitting in the dealer's back lot with the rear frame on a stack of pallets waiting on one part. Got the repaired truck back after 15 months.
I could understand that a little better with it being smack dab at the middle of the pandemic, but I would think they would be caught up with replacement parts by now.

Sometimes the mechanics just don't have a clue. Decades ago, my 1980 Chevvy Citation company car died at a stop sign. It was towed to the dealer where nothing was done. My manager had called the dealer with no results. After the second week, I went to the dealer and found the car in the back lot in the weeds, hood up, with the dead cars. The dealer shop manager said, "So that's where it is." I pointed out that my company was renting a car for me while he had mine in the weeds. At our office, I called the fleet manager in New York to report the non service. Two days later, I picked up the car and learned there is/was a sensor on the distributor shaft no one knew about, and further, there was no known part number for said sensor. The solution was total distributor replacement.

You just can't win.
Gm is on a roll, my friend has a 2013ish 2500 Duramax that the tranny controller bit the dust. GM could not come up with a part for over a year. Truck collected dust. Tried Canada, Mexico all of the US including junk yards.Nada. Finally ATS transmissions in Lakewood Colorado came up with a fix. Thousands of trucks were grounded. My 2017 C7 Grandsport plus Z06s for multiple years have cast wheels and they crack/break very easily, again Nada. No confidence in GM

You just can't win.

Back in the late 60s I had a GM C-30 with the 292 engine. After I bought it I learned the water pump was a known weak point. When my second pump failed I was in the middle of nowhere in Manitoba and the local GM dealer gave me two choices -- a GM pump free under warranty and wait over the weekend for the parts or he could install a permanent repair for $X same day. I had him fit the Toyota pump and it never failed while I owned the vehicle.

Yesterday I decided to replace the tires on the front wheels of my pickup truck. They were showing cord and stopping ability was noticeably less. So I'd went up to my local Firestone dealer, got a cost estimate. and set up an appointment.
I dropped of the truck just before noon and figured that they would have it done by 1430. I went into some stores in the mall and then worked down to the airport. At a little after 1400 I walked back up to the Firestone place. I could see the truck was still on the lift, with the front wheels off, and went to lunch at Chickfila. I came back and the truck was still on the lift.

Finally, I asked what was going on. They replied they had called me at home to tell me that the truck had NO BRAKES. When they pulled it onto the lift the worker had hit the brakes and the pedal had gone all the way to the floor. Now, I had bought a brake master cylinder overhaul kit and planned to install it, but I had no idea it was anywhere that bad. I told them to put the wheels on and I would take care of it at home. I wondered if I was going to have trouble getting the truck home and if I'd be able to work on it with the tropical storm we were expecting. They put the wheels with the new tires on, left the truck in front of the garage rather than pulling it around up front, and explained that although I did have lifetime alignment for the truck they were unable to accomplish it due to the dangerous condition with the brakes. I paid them, started the truck and very carefully drove the two miles to my house.

The truck drove normally in all respects. It stopped just like it had before I brought it in. When I pulled into my driveway I stomped on the brakes and it skidded a foot or two on all four tires.

I have made my last purchase at that Firestone dealer. I had gotten an estimate at Pep Boys and wish I had gone there; I've never had a problem with them.

I related my experience about that Firestone dealer to a friend and he told me of one of his own. He had bought a used large pickup to support his plans for a vacation trip to AK. He went to that same Firestone dealer and discussed putting new tires on the truck; it was going to come to about $1000. They started taking the old tires off and then told him there was a serious problem. It seems that when taking the first wheel off they had found that the lug nuts were defective and all of them on the truck would have to be replaced. He asked them how they knew they were defective and they replied that the lug nuts proved to be unusually difficult to remove. They had only removed 8 lug nuts, from that first wheel they had removed two of them proved to be hard to unscrew. So based on two lug nuts that were hard to unscrew they said their policies required they remove and replace all of them, at $14 each. He told them to put that wheel back on his truck and give it back to him; the deal was off. He would go somewhere else. He bought the tires at another place, where they told him that lug nut story was absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back