What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micro managing interference from one of the hotel directors, I am now on his shit list because he proudly announced a deal with a coffee supply company at another of the group's hotels and wanted me to change to it.

Problem is my deal is 50% better already and now he looks a dick and wants my head on a platter for being good at my job !

Can't win sometimes :rolleyes:

Sounds very like a junior 'Rupert' - full of confidence at the wrong time, and in the wrong place, but no common sense !
Guy is a fucking idiot not only trying to justify his existence in the company but also justifying his right to continue to draw breath.

Not clever enough to admit after 30 years in a kitchen I just might know slightly more than him about my job.

There's that kind of people in any profession. I've seen a lot of them come and go. They stay for a while hanging on and then finally the bosses above them realize what they are and the first slow down they are let go. The problem is sometimes you have to put up with them for years before that happens. We've got one guy like that right now and things are starting to get really really slow so I'm hoping.

Seems like the DWP is full of them !
Finally got some (relative) sense out of them today, after another 70 minutes on the 'phone, to two different sections of the same Department, each of which didn't know its Rs from its elbow, and actually got a payment of Pension Credit into my bank account.
I only got this by being politely forceful, as each section stated that all was in order on their part, and I had to contact the other section in each case !
It's still not completely sorted, as there are still substantial arrears to be paid, but at least I now know what I should be getting in the future, although I was told I need to contact the relevant section to inform them that the other section has now adjusted things correctly.
No more 'phone calls from me, getting the 'run around' again - it's now all in writing, laying out the whole sorry catalogue of errors by the two sections of the same department, and politely, but forcefully, requesting an immediate response, with full explanation of and confirmation of what is still owed, followed by immediate payment into my bank account.
This route will probably take a little longer, as my letter will be passed from pillar to post, but at least I know that it will generate a response, and quickly, as a copy is also going to the relevant Minister at central Government !!

Whenever dealing with officialdom always get mail sent certified with return receipt requested or whatever the UK equivalent is. That does 2 things, one you have proof it was delivered and received and when and by whom, secondly most departments expedite handling of such mail.

Typical corporate honesty at work for you. Politicians fall for every scam that comes their way. That's why we in Fresno have the great honor of paying endlessly for an unnecessary base ball stadium.

Fired up my compressor for a paint session and shortly started hearing hissing sounds. Ran my hand along the air hose and it was riddled with little holes. Holes suspiciously about the size of cat teeth. Both cats are currently hiding under a bed, am pretty sure I guessed correctly. Think I will buy 2 or 3 air hoses so I have a spare or two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back