What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cool! What was he talking on specifically?

Sorry for the late reply. He talked a little about himself, what got him into Oceanography. The main body was deep sea exploration itself, what he expected and what he found. He only covered the Titanic and Bismarck for a minute, but discussed his search in the Mediterranean for ancient ships between Carthage and Rome(using empty wine casks to find wrecks) A cool bit was his searching in the Black Sea, where the depth in the center is enough to have no oxygen, meaning no corrosion on wood(Saw a craftsmen marking on a plank). The last part was him explaining, and perhaps promoting the Jason Project. That is an education program aimed at middle schoolers on oceanography(involves a hefty dose of science and math). His group aboard the E/V Nautilus would show classrooms live shots of the ocean floor via Internet2. All in all, a very educational and insighting presentation, and I can say Mr. Ballard is one of my idols.

All sorted?
I had this with a car I used to own. After replacing the entire ignition system didn't work, I relented and took it to an auto electrician. It took them less than an hour to find and fix the problem - a loose earth connection.....

Cool!

Opened my birthday presents and found a Great Wall P-61A and a very large starship "Enterprise". On top of that my wife tells me that because I've done so much around the house this summer I get to have the entire weekend to just sit a build models. Guess I can try to finish more of that Russian night fighter now.

Attachments

• product.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 184
After living in this snow belt for just over 27yrs I have finally broke down and bought 4 winter tires. With more than 11ft of annually I can now say "Bring it on Mother Nature, bring it on."

Geo

Sounds very interesting. I was given a book on the Bismarck detailing it's history, plus how it was found. Some really cool underwater images. Let's just say I was so intrigued, that I had my nose buried in that book for quite a while! Apparently the ship is still in remarkably good condition, and virtually in one piece (but you probably know this already)

Also been watching a very interesting episode of 'Heroes of the Skies' today. I take my hat off to the skill and bravery of all the airmen whose stories are shown.

Users who are viewing this thread