What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's really good news Maria.
I'm really pleased that, eventually, I've been able to verify a serial number with a code letter for a particular BoB Spitfire - at last ! I love it when a plan comes together ....(Cue 'A Team' theme music).

Terry:

Tonight I've been trying to figure out how to get my guitar homework done for monday.
The rhytm in the song that I'm s'posed to learn was really tricky (at least for an electrical guitar beginner like me)...until I realised that I could just load the song into the sound editor I've got, and then slow down the speed without changing the pitch of the song.

My homework this week.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOAMKTj0hU

Weekend is nearly here! Going to try to clean up my work room and get back to building the guitar that has been on the back-burner for a couple years and maybe even start painting and glueing up the numerous model airplanes that have been accumulating and collecting dust for the last few years.

Good news is I just ordered a nice shiny left handed Orange Gretsch hollowbody guitar. Bad news is only color choices for lefties were Orange and Baby-Puke Green, OK it's actually called Aspen Green Would have liked a nice Burgandy Gretsch, but Orange will do. No Bigsby Tremolo arm on the lefties either, but I'll add that later, maybe strip her of the orange a dye it Burgunday later. Now I have to wait a couple weeks for it to come in.

Looks like Jan and I are going to be playing dueling Rock-a-billy soon.

Attachments

• Gretsch 5420 orange centrale.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Been looking for a book which normally sells for ridiculous amounts on the secondary market (£22 to £120, paperback/hardcover being the average), and picked up a copy, hardback, with a protective cover, in excellent condition - for just £1 !!!!
Me is a happy bunny!

Deserves a stiff one old boy!

Couldn't sleep at all last night, fell asleep around 5:30ish, waking up at 12ish, knowing that it's still Saturday cheered me up a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread