What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just came back from a St. Paddy's dinner at the local VFW club. Good food, cheep beer and a lot of inebriated WWII and Korean war vets. How often do you get to have a beer with a B-24 Bombardier.

Awesome, guys!

I went shopping for dad's bday pressies yesterday, and I was lucky enough to get the shop's last copy of a dvd that I know he'll love!
It's a dvd with various train rides in Denmark, which - surprisingly enough - has become very popular in general over here.
Maybe because it has got a meditation-like quality to it, to just sit and enjoy as the danish summer landscape rolls by. I guess that's something the busy people enjoy - being able to take a break and just relax and enjoy.
I know that dad have recorded a lot of those train rides on his HD, now he can erase some of them and record some other stuff that he likes to keep, instead.
I also got him two other dvd's with some programs in a series that danish host and garden enthusiast Søren Ryge have made, this is just right for dad as he loves Søren Ryge's programs about older people who has got a life story to tell, and about their lives and gardens.
And I got a book about danish gardens and an orchid (red and yellow Phalaenopsis) as well, so that ought to do nicely for some gifts for dad.

Happy birthday to Maria's Dad too!

Being a bit of a Sci-Fi fan, Went to Comicon today with my wife and daughter and met some TV show personalities, Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver and Stargate), William Shatner (Star Trek) Terryl Rothery (Stargate-Doctor), Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13), JG Hertzler (Klingon General Martok-Star Trek), Robert O'Reilly ( Klingon Chancellor Gowron-Star Trek) Nice people, had a few photo's and Autographs...

Did not get drawn for a Minnesota Turkey hunt permit this year, but managed to get a surplus lisc. for a later season this morning. I have to find some more spots to hunt in case there is too many hunters in the area I usually hunt. Hunting public land really stinks in that respect. Don't hunt till the beginning of may so hopefully it gets warm by then and I've found all my Turkey hunting stuff.

Thanks guys! *hugs the gang*

Good things today:
Cold weather, snow falling, freezing - brrrr!
Colleague Christoffer and I stuffed the truck with some big garbage crates filled with sorted stuff (Cardboard - metal -glass - electronics) and took it to the garbage container yard.
Because we had planned it well, chucking stuff out went like a dream, and Christoffer was a great help.
It was nice to get that over and done with fast, and then it was back to coffee and cake this afternoon - yum!

And getting praised for not being afraid or worried when manoeuvering the truck in the snow, in tight places or driving it backwards into the garage - that only confirms that I got the right thing going:
I see challenging weather and places when driving, as a challenge, and not something to fear - and it'll only improve my ability to drive really well, which is only a benefit.
I don't care if I'm driving in narrow old city streets with cobblestones and parked cars on each side of the truck, in snow, rain, on gravel paths or whatever - to me it's fun to deal with stuff like that.
And frankly I think that that kind of view is a benefit, instead of (like many of my female friends do), view the maintenance and driving of the car as something that's mainly for husbands or boyfriends to do.
Er - no, I prefer to be able to take care of things myself, thanks!
Did I ever mention that I love to drive?

Afterwards, it was totally awesome to be able to get in my parent's car, go visit a thrift shop and get a nice bargain: A Parker ball point pen and fountain pen with ink cartridges for 30 DKK.
Then I did some shopping for mom and dad, and went home.
Ahhh - dinner soon, and then coffee and relaxing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread