What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

49ers sweeping the Seahags for the 2nd season in a row.

IMG_1693.jpeg

I like seeing my college popping up on the ad feed. I would not recommend the place now unless you want a prep for USMA or one of the others. No longer a military college. More of a boarding school with uniforms. No spit shine shoes, no shinning of brass. No pushups. No real demerits, etc. The course work is great but not much military left in the place. Parents don't want to spend money to have little ones tested by fire. Cadets don't want leadership positions. You can apply for any position in a job interview. First year cadets have been selected as Regt commander of the Corps. What crazy times.

Yesterday received bill in the mail for $624.77, invoice dated 5 DEC 23, from the blood test company for the test performed late August. During many hours in September and October ( total time of maybe two days) dealing with the blood test company, our primary insurer and Medicare, I finally reached enough English speakers to convince the three entities that:
1. Primary insured changed well over one year before the test.
2. Medicare is secondary, NOT primary.
3. New insured is willing to pay their part, if billed.
Things I learned:
1. No one listens unless big guns are brought to the fight.
2. Medicare is simply a place to provide employment to advanced welfare recipients.
3. Everyone promises the problem is solved.
Last night, I prepared all my paperwork back to August with names, dates, times so to be ready this morning.
Allowing my usual 20 minutes for their coffee after they are ready for business time, I called the blood test company and the recording said my current bill is $39.97 and last payment was $12.61 (most likely big hearted Medicare) dated 7 DEC 23.
While this is cheering, the dilemma is, do I send the blood suck-- test people the $39.97 copay or wait for a new invoice?
At the risk of starting a conspiracy, I have to wonder how did they (et al) know I was ready for battle, have all my paperwork and dates and names spread all over the kitchen table, in time for them to update their posts.
Somehow, I don't think this is over, but I remain ready!

Yesterday received bill in the mail for $624.77, invoice dated 5 DEC 23, from the blood test company for the test performed late August. During many hours in September and October ( total time of maybe two days) dealing with the blood test company, our primary insurer and Medicare, I finally reached enough English speakers to convince the three entities that:
1. Primary insured changed well over one year before the test.
2. Medicare is secondary, NOT primary.
3. New insured is willing to pay their part, if billed.
Things I learned:
1. No one listens unless big guns are brought to the fight.
2. Medicare is simply a place to provide employment to advanced welfare recipients.
3. Everyone promises the problem is solved.
Last night, I prepared all my paperwork back to August with names, dates, times so to be ready this morning.
Allowing my usual 20 minutes for their coffee after they are ready for business time, I called the blood test company and the recording said my current bill is $39.97 and last payment was $12.61 (most likely big hearted Medicare) dated 7 DEC 23.
While this is cheering, the dilemma is, do I send the blood suck-- test people the $39.97 copay or wait for a new invoice?
At the risk of starting a conspiracy, I have to wonder how did they (et al) know I was ready for battle, have all my paperwork and dates and names spread all over the kitchen table, in time for them to update their posts.
Somehow, I don't think this is over, but I remain ready!
The only thing more aggrevating to me than politics is dealing with medical billing.
so many times I would pay the invoice in full, only to have that money redirected to other charges that were not listed on the invoice. Then I would have to sort through all the EOBs trying to figure out where they might have sent my money.

I paid one big medical bill a few years back and 3 months later got a refund check for the same amount. A month later I got a repeat of the 1st bill.... Called and was assured it was correct and the first one shouldn't have been refunded. 6 months later I got another refund check for twice the bill..... Argue with them about it for more than a month and couldn't convince them that the check was wrong. Deposited the check and a week later got a bill from them for 1% of the original bill. I paid it and never heard anything more from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back