What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last year was a chaotic one for my wife. She had to quit her job in the spring to take care of her ailing mother. Then, once her mother had recovered, she couldn't get her old job back, so ended up doing part time work for a funeral home. Finally, in the fall she got a job at a local clinic, answering phones. But she hasn't been happy there because the work environment has been pretty stressful.
Earlier this week, the funeral home reached out to her. They want her back. Full time office manager, with a big pay bump plus benefits.

Once again tis Friday!!! Too cold for my aching bones to spend any length of time outdoors so I'm going to spend the weekend taking my .22 lr target pistol (Ruger Mark IV Target) apart and installing a trigger upgrade kit, then I'm going to whip up a big batch of Venison Stew if I can remember how I made it the last time.

Last edited:
Had a good day yesterday: For her birthday took SWMBO to a whiskey bar. We had the whole bar with 1000 odd different whiskeys to ourselves with the manager. Was enjoyable...and had some very nice whiskeys.

Users who are viewing this thread