What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Left the house at 0700, temp. -32°C and arrived home at 1245, temp -20°C which means I can fly. Averaged 110kph/68mph. Passed two loaded logging trucks and two cars travelling at a painfully slow 80kph/50mph. I stopped for a photo, snow and ice.

1709069207329.png

What's the cheered up part? I'm finally getting the missus to shop like me, in and out. Shopping time is less than driving time

More cheer. Should be on the camp bus in one hour but on the last day of my tour last week I was really funned out so I took this tour off. This is day seven of 21 off. On the minus side, I have four more appointment in PG. during this time. Getting harder to be motivated now when I could have retired last year
I heard that.

Today I managed to go for my standard 2.5 mile run for the first time in over a month. My left big toe has an ingrown toenail and while the doc operated on it and fixed the problem a few months back, last month it started hurting again. I had to quit running and when it felt better I only managed to go 2 miles a few times. But I ran on Friday and then on Sunday, with a little pain, skipped running on Tuesday and did yard work instead and ran today the full 2.5 miles with no pain.

Now, if I just don't stub my toe again.....

We had a 60,000 sq ft fully air conditioned hangar in Louisiana.
I don't know of any fully air conditioned hangars around here, although the Northrop Grumman facility in Melbourne probably is. There there is the Vehicle Assembly Building on KSC, which is air conditioned, although I am not sure if you would call it "fully."

I don't know of any fully air conditioned hangars around here, although the Northrop Grumman facility in Melbourne probably is. There there is the Vehicle Assembly Building on KSC, which is air conditioned, although I am not sure if you would call it "fully."

This was honestly the finest maintenance hangar I have ever seen. I was no longer working as a mechanic though at that point.

When I first moved here I got a job in a sawmill hand piling lumber in an open shed. All of November and the all of the following February were -40, day and night. Two years later they modernized the system and this required closing up the shed and putting heaters in to keep everything warm
I should have added.....once it got modernized and toasty warm, we all got laid off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back