What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All is great Vic. When I phoned home before work Monday night, my wife's voice sounded really upbeat and I thought it was because #1 daughter was over for a visit with the grandkid but it was more-so because #2 was sitting beside her. She only lives 8 hours away but because of Dawgs condition, we won't travel until he passes

Here mine is called undetectable at 0.2. Obviously the standard is there is no standard.
In the beginning it was undetectable. Then slowly climbed to 0.3 I think.
This was the point in my count we agreed we would go to hormone therapy.
Consequence is I have lost all hair on my carcass, but the beard is falling out s l o w l y!
Me old noggin hair seems to be going even slower, thank you! It's never good tho.

In the beginning it was undetectable. Then slowly climbed to 0.3 I think.
This was the point in my count we agreed we would go to hormone therapy.
Consequence is I have lost all hair on my carcass, but the beard is falling out s l o w l y!
Me old noggin hair seems to be going even slower, thank you! It's never good tho.

You are the first I know of to get hormone therapy for prostate cancer. I hope it does the trick for you and we are still seeing posts from you for many years to come.

I knew two who went the chemo route - neither lasted more than five years, Kev just two years.

I know of one who had radiation treatment (pellets inserted in the prostate) pre covid and he has had nothing but trouble ever since - lots of blood lumps in the urine still from the localised bleeding the pellets caused. He is currently getting a second round of GBC or some such thing to fix the bleeding and does not look well at all.

Bevan had his prostate cut out in 1994 and is still around almost 30 years later. It is eight years since I had mine cut out and the two I know who had theirs removed the same year are both fit and healthy. As Bevan said to me - get rid of the @#$%^& thing as that is the only fix to which I would add here in Australia anyway with the possible exception of hormone therapy. Bevan is 98 this year and frail but that has nothing to do with his prostate.

You are the first I know of to get hormone therapy for prostate cancer. I hope it does the trick for you and we are still seeing posts from you for many years to come.

I knew two who went the chemo route - neither lasted more than five years, Kev just two years.

I know of one who had radiation treatment (pellets inserted in the prostate) pre covid and he has had nothing but trouble ever since - lots of blood lumps in the urine still from the localised bleeding the pellets caused. He is currently getting a second round of GBC or some such thing to fix the bleeding and does not Bevan said to me - get rid of the @#$%^& thing as that is the only fix to which
I did have mine cut out. Followed by many structure problems and blood clots. Had to tell my surgeon to feck off and found one to send me to hyperbaric chamber for oxygen therapy. But my PSA did still rise, no clotting any more. I've heard the pellets are wishful thinking. But mine was so far along at biopsy I would have been untreatable within months. I was on the op table within 7 days!

I did have mine cut out. Followed by many structure problems and blood clots. Had to tell my surgeon to feck off and found one to send me to hyperbaric chamber for oxygen therapy. But my PSA did still rise, no clotting any more. I've heard the pellets are wishful thinking. But mine was so far along at biopsy I would have been untreatable within months. I was on the op table within 7 days!

Ahh. I waited six months to get the surgeon I wanted because the biopsy said it was safe to. The post removal biopsy found it was highly advanced and found some cancer in the margins but I was lucky, no further cancer problems.

Some surgeons definitely leave a lot to be desired. I am glad I waited for the one I had.

Not to diminish the medical discussion or, in particular, the trials many on the Forum are facing (very best wishes to each and every one of you) but....

Liverpool won the EFL Cup against Chelsea today. I can't take the stupid grin off my face.
That's not Baseball, or Football as I know it........

But thanks for the well wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back