What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got a haircut yesterday, I love it! :D

521552_10150909995329210_744099209_9591203_2042568408_n.jpg

It's 6 mm (0.2") at the sides, left the top and back longer to spike it up.
Unfortunately it's a wee bit too short to show the faux hawk properly, but that'll sort itself out in a month or two. ;)
And in this humid heat that we've got here in DK at the moment (24-27 C/75-80 F), it's wonderful being very short-haired!

Getting home from work without having to put some overtime in! A/C engineer and hot weather not a good combination for a happy and peaceful life.

So a resident calls about some stray kittens in her yard. I response and I'm greeted by an elderly lady. She explains about the kittens and as she is talking, I notice an accent. So I ask polietly if she was from Germany. She says "Yes" and I response with a faltering spatter of Deutsch. Her face lights up and she explains that she never really gets to speak her native tongue unless her sister comes to visit. We talk a bit, my faltering Deutsch and her happily chatting away. I finally capture the kittens and she bids me "Auf Wiedersehn" and I reply "Guten Tag" and we go. I think I felt as joyful as she did. :)

A friend from work has just offered to drive 3 hours to my house and then drive me another 2 hours to Prince George so that I could take my 1/2 hour physical/drug test for a new job. We then head on a reciprocal heading. This is indeed what true friends are about.(My car is still dead until June 6). He's already been hired at the new job and he said there was no way I was not going with him.

Geo

You got a good one there...... That, is what friends do for one another.....

Me? It's Friday tomorrow, and I haven't had to work all week.................. wahoo!

Thanks Terry. Just got in...they tried to kill me during the physical. Lifting weights shoulder height, pushing/pulling 100lbs...I'm a truck driver for God's sake. Anyhoo, find out next week if I get the job.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back