What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IThe clock only loses 3-4 minutes for every 24 hours, and I'd say that it's definitely acceptable for such an old clock.
Now all I need is to find a glazier that can put in a small piece of thin glass in front of the clock face, that's all the fixing it needs.
And that ought to be affordable. ;) :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Edit: Hmmm, if I move the pendulum up on the rods it's attached to, it ought to gain a few minutes, since the distance it has to swing is shorter, thus making the clock go a little faster...*thinks*...that's worth a try.

:)

You should be able to turn the knurled knob below the pendulum righty-tighty and that should do it. May take a couple of tries to over a 72hr period to get it right. Beautiful clock.

Nice clock. I kinda liked the old patina on the brass myself.

Thanks. ;)
Patina: I didn't. It was sticky. Ew. Ew. Ew!

You should be able to turn the knurled knob below the pendulum righty-tighty and that should do it. May take a couple of tries to over a 72hr period to get it right. Beautiful clock.

Thanks Matt, I loosened the rods and pushed the pendulum up about 1½ cm's, that only gained a couple of minutes, so I'll give it another try. ;)

That's quite a clock. :) I may try to do some work on my clock. My dad brought it back from Germany when he was stationed there. It's an old grandfather clock. I found out later that there is a cut out on top where the Nazi eagle use to sit. Not sure how big it was but it would be nice to restore the entire clock.
:)

I have been cleared of Cancer having made the 5 years, just annual check ups now. At the start I was told it was terminal and later that I had a 30% change of making the 5 years but the people I chummed up with in hospital didn't make it, so its a mixed day. Good news but bad memories being the last one standing.

Glad to hear your good news, Glider.
Sorry to hear that you've lost so many of your friends though.

The sun is shining, it's up to 20 C, light wind - and I can pad around bare-footed on my balcony and replant my tomato plants. Love it! :thumbleft:
And yesterday my buddy Jørn and I went to Tivoli in Copenhagen - loved it!
Only downside was that when we had lunch at Færgekroen, one of my pork tenderloin steaks was raw inside, but at least I didn't get ill. Thank God!
We had a good time, relaxing and having fun, trying out the various rides - rollercoasters, bumper cars, boats, the lot.
And today I'm really lazy, so I think I might put the hammock up later for the first time this year. ;)

I shopped new clothes today, and got me a black blazer/jacket, red shirt, new jeans (the old ones were so torn that it had become difficult to just put 'em on), and 4 undershirts (1 red and 3 black "wife beaters"). :D

I'll be going to the opening of the new special exhibit at the Police Museum friday, and a friend's 30-year birthday saturday, that's two great excuses for shopping new clothes, esp. since it's been ages since the last time I bought myself some new clothes that hasn't been used previously. ;)
(Okay, minus the hoodie I bought myself a couple of months ago...and ten new pairs of black socks because I couldn't be bothered to do the laundry... :D )

Later stopped by at the thrift shop in Herlev and found two gems there:
A green granite ink blotter, and a complete Parker "51" pen set (perfectly working fountain pen and pencil) in the original box.
Grab! :D

The birthday pressie has been bought, card bought - now all I need is to wrap the gift and write the card. Phew. :)
And tomorrow I've got an appointment with my hairdresser, it's faux hawk time. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back