What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Let me see, it looks like after 6 months I will start a new job next week. It is an hour drive to work and less than I was geting but it is work. And I ordered the monster B25J in 1:32 scale, lets see how many years it takes to finish it. I was also able to order the markings for my great uncle's Bomber Squadron in WWII. I would like to get the plane finished by my father's birthday next March. I hope to get help from the experts on line. I am buying the first round tonight if any one cares to join me.

DBII

Good to hear DB!

Today, as a requirement to graduate for my Bachelor's, I defended my Senior Thesis(research into the Battle of Singapore). I had a prior rehearsal with my thesis advisor, and prepared accordingly. Without gloating too much, I delivered a bang up job, enough that I had a toast with my professor.

Finally finished re-flooring my bedroom. After two months of sleeping on my camp cot I finally went out and bought a new mattress and box spring. I may have went a little too firm on the mattress though, hopefully it loosen up a bit.

I visited my parents today, dad wanted to go get some flowerpots for his cactus collection.
We had a nice trip, the weather was great, the sun was shining, and we ogled flowers together big time. :)
Later, I borrowed my folks' car and went shopping, and on the way back to my parents with the car, I stopped at home to pick up my electric guitar.
Dad had said when we got to their place after the flowerpot-shopping-trip, that he would've loved to see my Fender guitar, but he felt tired and thought that he could do it another day.
Well - I picked up the guitar, stuffed it in the gigbag and brought it to my parent's place, where I showed it to Dad.
He was amazed at how heavy the guitar actually is, and then he started asking about the electronics in it. I explained to him how it works - heh, that's his old electronics interest rearing its head again - and I just totally love the fact that he's still curious about all sorts of things, even at the age of 86.
You rock, Dad! :bounce:
Plus he admired the black paint job, the high gloss lacquer and the pearly white pickguard on the thing, and he compared it to a Grand Piano or a venetian gondola - and yes, the painters at the factory have done a very fine job, making the guitar look great.
I played The Beatles' "Blackbird" for my folks, they even liked it. *proud grin* :D
Later we had roasted duck for dinner, and relaxed in front of the tv afterwards.
All in all a totally nice day. :)

Last edited:
My son and daughter playing T-Ball against each other...

Jack  Lily Baseball Pic.jpg

Started 6 week a "Biggest Looser" contest at work this past Monday. Today was the first weigh in, lost a total of 6 pounds since Monday! I was suprised as I figured maybe to have lost around 3. Not sure If I can keep the pace up though. Half hour walks at lunch, then a fast paced hike in the woods for 1.5 hours after work every night. My legs ache today, going to pace myself a little more with lighter work outs every other day.

I bought an old Junghans wall clock yesterday, not knowing whether or not it worked.
I only paid 200 DKK for it (34 USD/21£), so I figured that if it needed repairs, I could afford it.
The most amazing thing in my eyes was that the key for winding up the clockwork was still there. :shock:
It was dirty and dusty, and the brass thingies needed a loving hand as you can see:

535968_10150885667199210_744099209_9524336_870692540_n.jpg

534266_10150885667839210_744099209_9524340_170917162_n.jpg

Well - at least I could do something about the dirt and stuff, so I did. :)

485699_10150885671704210_744099209_9524365_1709816001_n.jpg

After a thorough clean-up and polishing, it ended up looking like this:

579975_10150885666839210_744099209_9524333_648954907_n.jpg

I then hung it in my little hallway instead of the usual mirror to see if the thing would actually work.
It took quite a bit of adjustment to make it run properly; the pendulum has to be timed so that the tick-tock sound completely even, that way the clock will run as it should.
After a few tries, I got the pendulum to run well, and - ta-daaaaaaaaa!
The clock works just fine. :D
And I totally love the very quiet, soft tick-tock sound that it's got, it is really nice.
I'd say that it's almost a cosy sound. :)
The clock only loses 3-4 minutes for every 24 hours, and I'd say that it's definitely acceptable for such an old clock.
Now all I need is to find a glazier that can put in a small piece of thin glass in front of the clock face, that's all the fixing it needs.
And that ought to be affordable. ;) :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Edit: Hmmm, if I move the pendulum up on the rods it's attached to, it ought to gain a few minutes, since the distance it has to swing is shorter, thus making the clock go a little faster...*thinks*...that's worth a try.

Apart from that, another of my local thrift shops had a brand new guitar tuner/digital metronome for sale, 10 DKK! (- that's a little under 2 USD) :shock: Whoohoo, snatch! :lol:
Then I've got a tuner for my acoustic guitar as well. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back