What Do Your Usernames Mean? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gom means in my language bear. wolf is the mean you know. So It means bear wolf.

Mine comes from a band I used to play in, called "The Ohm-men" (a 4 piece Instro Surf outfit)
For some reason I stuck with it... So, no real reason of choice.

Le_steph40 => First name: Stéphane... When I was a child, friends and family called me "Le Steph"...
The number 40 is from my country (I don't know how to say in English, maybe district or county ?) of origin: Les Landes in South West of France.

Landes (département) â€" Wikipédia
carte-france-departements (Copier).jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Steph. There is no particular direct translation for the French 'Departement', which, in the UK at least, could be County, or, depending on size, even region.
For example, a region in the north west of England, generally known as 'The Lake District', encompasses more than one actual County, the same as the area where I live, on the edge of 'The Peak District'.
To make matters worse, the first is full of lakes, whilst the second has little to do with the crests of the hills in the area, being named after a tribe of Ancient Britons !
The French system is easier, and makes mote sense!

Garuda is the national symbol of my country, and MP stands for "Merah-Putih", or Red-and-White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back