What has gone wrong here?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Child thrown from West Gate Bridge in Melbourne | The Courier-Mail

A FOUR-year-old girl who was thrown off the top of Melbourne's West Gate Bridge this morning has died and her father has been charged with murder.

The girl was pulled from the water by water police close to the pumping station at Spotswood about 9.30 this morning after apparently being thrown from the West Gate Bridge.

A man was later arrested and is in custody , Assistant Commissioner Ken Lay told 3AW radio.

In pictures: West Gate Bridge tragedy

The girl had been taken to the emergency department of the Royal Children's Hospital.

Witnesses told police they saw a man stop on an inbound lane near the top of the West Gate Bridge.

It is believed the young child was then thrown over the edge.

He threw the child into the waters below and then drove off, they said.

Police say the vehicle was a white Toyota 4WD and the incident happened around 9.10am.

They have appealed to the public to provide any information they may have.

Paramedic team manger Trevor Weston said paramedics worked on the girl.

"Paramedics worked for about 50 minutes at the scene and the child was then conveyed to the Royal Children's Hospital," Mr Weston said.

"Anything that involves children takes its toll on paramedics. Fortunately it's not a very frequent occurrence."

The girl was airlifted to the Royal Children's Hospital in a critical condition with massive internal injuries.

"Everyone at the scene did a fantastic job and we're very focused on doing everything they could for the child," Mr Weston said.

Ambulance Victoria was called just after 9.30am to a report of a child in the water underneath the West Gate Bridge, Ambulance Victoria spokesman Paul Bentley said.

"The child suffered fairly extensive injuries and the paramedics spent some time trying to resuscitate the child," Mr Bentley said.

"I understand the police boat was used to get the child from the water to the Yarraville side."

Just to give you an idea of the size of West Gate Bridge

100300685_64d04a27e4.jpg

Child thrown from West Gate Bridge in Melbourne | The Courier-Mail...

He threw the child into the waters below and then drove off, they said.

According to Channel 7 News tonight, he held up traffic on the bridge by stopping his car, tossed his daughter over (her name was Darcey), got back in the car with his two sons aged 2 and 7, and then drove off.

I'm guessing, but I suspect the 7 year old was completely aware of his fathers actions. I simply can't imagine what he must now be going through.

I don't know what to say....:( If there's anything and anyone in this world that I hate with such passion, is children and women abuse and those that commit it....
May the f*cking b*st*rd slowly burn in h*ll...!

According to Channel 7 News tonight, he held up traffic on the bridge by stopping his car, tossed his daughter over (her name was Darcey), got back in the car with his two sons aged 2 and 7, and then drove off.

I'm guessing, but I suspect the 7 year old was completely aware of his fathers actions. I simply can't imagine what he must now be going through.

He did have other children in the car, I believe though he pulled over on the emergency lane and got out and just dropped her over the edge.

I agree I cannot begin to imagine how this will affect his other children.

Absolutely agree that the bloke should have his birth certificate invalidated (allthough we dont know what went on prior to the incident).

When he's caught, he'll be put in a prison and I'm very sure that most if not all inmates and the guards will make sure he's welcomed with open arms and is looked after during his stay behind bars :twisted: . I would gladly help them !

I believe though he pulled over on the emergency lane .

Thanks Heinz, that makes more sense. I would hate to think that there were stopped cars behind him..watching.

I heard this at a job today, and had to go back to the truck for a bit. It absolutely blew me away. I have a 6 year old daughter and I just couldn't believe or start to understand what would make someone do that!

Last I heard (about 2 hours before your post) was that she was 6, and paramedics worked on her for 50 minutes until the airlift arrived, but she was critical. So so sad to hear she's gone.

They did catch him not long after, and I cannot describe what I'd be doing to him if it was me.

As was said, I don't know how this is going to affect the young boys, especially the 7 year old. And as it was in peak hour traffic, there's going to be a lot of people off work tomorrow that witnessed that.

- Darcy, Little darling, it should be him not you :angel7:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR M*THER F*CKING SC*MBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back after a teary ciggy fellas.:cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :mad: :mad:

I was saying to someone before the news rarely rattles me but that has, just can't explain what I feel.

All the children were on their way to school or day care, first day of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back