What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"The Pacific" Part Ten

The scene where Lena Basilone gives her husband's MOH to his parents brought tears to my eyes.

TO

Okay, "The Pacific" better go straight to special-edition-directors-cut-boxed-set, like, next frikkin week! Its killin me to hear y'all talk about this!!!!!

Is The Pacific good? as in, is it as good as Band of Brothers?

So far (For me) it's a great miniseries.

Rewatched Part Nine, a very intense and sobering episode. What disturbed me was the civilians on Okinawa being caught in the middle of the battle.

Just got Part Ten and so far I didn't watch since I want to watch it later, so I just got to where Leckie is reading the comics in the hospital!

I've yet to see this one. I'm a huge fan of the Terminator movies but for some reason I missed this one. As for me the last movie was The Final Countdown (1980)

Staring Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen

The USS Nimitz and her F-14 (The Jolly Rogers) Tomcats stuck in 1941 just prior to the attack on Perl harbor.

Ahh, yes...a classic flick, with a classic moral dilemma...if given the opportunity to stop the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor...do you take it? Or let it happen, knowing what will transpire, including the eventual outcome of the war? Hmmm...

BTW, currently in the midst of watching "Katyn", a Polish movie about the Katyn massacre. Had to pause last night to get sleep, and get some housework done this morning.

Ahh, yes...a classic flick, with a classic moral dilemma...if given the opportunity to stop the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor...do you take it? Or let it happen, knowing what will transpire, including the eventual outcome of the war? Hmmm...

BTW, currently in the midst of watching "Katyn", a Polish movie about the Katyn massacre. Had to pause last night to get sleep, and get some housework done this morning.

I really liked the flying sequences in The Final Countdown with the F-14. :thumbup:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChU-mGeBaM
Getting this footage almost ended up in a crash of one of the F-14's.
Source Site
Aside from a reasonably interesting plot, the film is notable for its aerial footage. The scene where two F-14's take on the two Japanese Zeroes is incredible - apparently one of the F-14's nearly crashed while this bit was being filmed and his emergency pullout maneuver is included in the film - really much better than anything featured in Top Gun years later. The film also features rather rare footage of a jet landing into the arresting barricade. Such footage is very rare since this maneuver is never, ever practiced as it can kill the pilot - however the film crew happened to be aboard the carrier when one of the planes had an emergency and did have to perform this maneuver.

My most recent:
A Man Called Horse (1970)

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back