What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw There Will be Blood at my Sisters place a week ago. Don't see what the fuss was about. Main character was not that well developed as to why he was so bitter at the world and people in general, and the ending was very poor.

greatest military clashes, spitfire vs me 109
gave an account of both aircraft from BoB timeframe had Hans ekkehard bob sat in a vb cockpit he said he liked it but not having the fuel tank right in his face.:shock:
the program also touched on the fact that the Me 109 may have out turned the spitfire but you had to have more experiance in the Me 109 to get the best out of it, as opposed to the spitfire being much easier to fly to its limits

"Home of the Brave" with Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Biel. Basically its "Coming Home" only from Iraq.

Haztoys, I thought the battle for Little Round Top was fantastic in "Gettysburg".

We've got "Kelly's Heroes" playing in a nonstop loop at work. Hehehehe!

"Gettysburg" was awesome! Dunno if its true or not, but someone in Gettysburg (the city) told me a few years back that in the scene with Picket's Charge, only about 20 or so extras made it to the stone wall at the far side of the field during the actual filming (the numbers of men dropping during the charge makes this make sense). When watching the movie, however, about a hundred are seen climbing over the walls. The locals all claim its the ghosts of the guys who didn't make it during the Civil War. Interesting, I thought.

Watched 12 Angry Men last night, the original, not the remake a few years back. Always a good movie everytime.

Kelly's Heroes in one of my favorites! My uncle wore out his VHS tape and is now looking for one on DVD.

Let your Uncle know OfficeDepot sells a double-disk with "Kellys Heros" on one side, and "Dirty Dozen" on the other side. $10, plus tax.

The original "12 Angry Men" is still an awesome flick! Probably spent the least amount of money on set design ever. *g* The remake wasn't too bad, either, except for throwing the whole "race" issue into it. Still, can't beat the original!

Let your Uncle know OfficeDepot sells a double-disk with "Kellys Heros" on one side, and "Dirty Dozen" on the other side. $10, plus tax.

The original "12 Angry Men" is still an awesome flick! Probably spent the least amount of money on set design ever. *g* The remake wasn't too bad, either, except for throwing the whole "race" issue into it. Still, can't beat the original!

Thanks for the info an Kelly's Heroes. I'll try to find a copy and surprise him.

I agree. I was watching 12 Angry Men Last night, and i was thinking that ita amazed me that the whole movie was done in one room, and it goes by quickly and the story always drags me in. How many movies made today can you think of that are that good, only have a few or minimal sets, and no special effects? Movie had to be relatively cheap to make compared to other movies of the day.

Today's Hollywood wouldn't be able to even come close. They've run out of story ideas, and are relying on special effects and computer-generated graphics to re-tell old scripts or books or TV shows or comics....there's nothing really NEW coming out.

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL at the pictures last saturday - same ending as first and third films, but loved it!!!

(First time I've ever seen Ford GPA's in other than model form too! (amphibious Willys MB variant))

No, but have slept in a home-made bivvy on the banks of Loch Lomond (I had no money to stay in a nearby hostel..). Great days..!!

(Scotland is a beautiful place to visit, btw.)

"12 Angry Men" is one of my alltime favorites....the original that is.....got it on DVD and watch it every now and then.

As for today I'm watching "G Men" with James Cagney. Hollywood should watch and learn from the old classics, when it was up to the story and actors/actresses if a film was a hit or not, NOT the special effects....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back