What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I watched "Flags of Our Fathers" last night. I'm disappointed ! The old
Hollywood war movie trick. The book was much better, went into more
detail about what happened to "Iggy", how Bradley got his Navy Cross,
and what happened to Sgt. Strank. Mike Strank was killed by friendly
fire from a DD. The shell "tore his heart out". The book is recommended.

Charles

Watching The Longest Day as we speak. Sanitized version (no blood and guts) of D-Day but quite comprehensive and pretty accurate.

Love when John Wayne says, "You can't give the enemy a break. Send him to hell."

TO

Watching The Longest Day as we speak. Sanitized version (no blood and guts) of D-Day but quite comprehensive and pretty accurate.

Love when John Wayne says, "You can't give the enemy a break. Send him to hell."

TO
The only thing about that movie that irks me is no Canadian content

The only thing about that movie that irks me is no Canadian content

Should have realized that for the many times I've watched the movie. That's a pretty big miss by the filmmakers seeing as how the first wave at Juno suffered heavy casualties. You got a legitimate beef there.

TO

Thinking back over it now, you're right. I don't remember any Canadian contribution in the film. Were we at war with Canada at the time or just pissed off at all the draft dodgers headin' north?!:lol:

Thinking back over it now, you're right. I don't remember any Canadian contribution in the film. Were we at war with Canada at the time or just pissed off at all the draft dodgers headin' north?!:lol:

Don't think there were many draft dodgers headin' north in 1962. :lol:

TO

all of em. being a projectionist I dont have a choice wat films to watch... 3 good films out now in the UK - transformers, rush hour 3, bourne ultimatum

Watched The Great Raid on cable last night. Not a big commercial success, but one of my favorites.

Biggest, most successful rescue mission in the history of the US military.

TO

The Great Raid was a surprise for me. For some reason I didn't think it was going to be any good. When I saw it it became my favorite Pacific war movie.

Last Movie I saw was Blessed By Fire and it was the first movie treatment on the Faulklands war (Although with a definate Argentine slant) have seen.
Grim and hard to watch in places it shows no glory and has some of the most chilling night combat scenes I have seen in a movie.
I like it but some Brits my feel different.
Art

1408, yesterday. Previewed it before public cinema release. Good film - really! and even scarier when youre all alone in the auditorium in the dark....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back