What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I painted the Enterprise a nice camo gray. used up the whole can, but i got another can waiting. I'm probably gonna add another coat to it today. but since there's not much in the can, I'll just skimp it a bit, covering up any places I missed.

The Harrier's drop tanks and SNEB pods have been assembled, sanded and the base colour painted, and the wrap-around camouflage sprayed onto the model freehand. Next step is some limited panel line work on the main wing control surfaces, then a gloss clear coat and decals, followed by a semi-matt clear coat. All being well, I hope to have this wrapped up by the end of the week, including the 'Belize, Airport Camp' display base, so that I can get back to work, and finish, the Lancaster for the GB.
Thanks again for your interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• Harrier 028.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Harrier 022.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Harrier 023.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 52
wow! that looks great when it's done freehand! i couldn't do it. I'd be too afraid of so much splash, y'know? maybe if I get an airbrish that does finer work

Thanks Rob and Harrison. I only use an inexpensive airbrush, an AB something or other (can't remember the number!), but it copes well with hard-edged fine line work - if I'm careful!

I've been able to work on my Revell (Germany) F9F-5P Recon Panther.

Tonite I got the body painted, Dark Sea Blue Matte enamel.

Next time I'll get some more pieces on, do some more painting, and then use some Future to lay down the decals, spray it with Dullcote, etc,

Should take about 5 years..............

tom

Attachments

• F9F-5P (3).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 93
  • F9F-5P (2).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93
  • F9F-5P (1).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 95
  • F9F-5P (Before Paint).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 95
that's a nice lookin bird!

I've started some detail work on the Enterprise. I've gotten the main bridge done, though some colors will have to be adjusted. but i've still got a looooooong way to go

these pics are a couple days old. made a couple adjustments since then. nothing major. just made the navigation deflector darker so it looks like the Enterprise is powered down.

Awesome Star Trek fanabilia!

BTW, on my Recon Panther, there is a large, clear plastic piece that goes on the bottom of the forward fuselage. I'm guessing that it is supposed to be clear, but I can'f find any definitive pics. Does anybody know for sure?

tom

Users who are viewing this thread