What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, keep the pics coming. And you're right about the seat adjuster, I had a look at some slides I took inside the now lost BAe Mossie - which brought back painful memories of skinning my knuckles, banging my head, and getting a stiff neck after twisting to get in and out of the bl**dy thing!!!
Despite my dig at Airfix for the huge pre-launch price increase, I'm serioulsy tempted to sell my best-mates' daughter into slavery and get this kit. The space needed is a major problem though.

Now if Revell re-release the old 1/32nd scale Mosquito BIV, that's a more manageable size (just) and would be a nice, relatively straightforward conversion job.

the paint has fully cured now. Hopefully after I get some other things done, today i can actually put on the red. I may need tp pick up some gloss red cos I don't think I have enough. but we'll see.

I tried something new last night. Smart modeling (Yeah right). What I mean by that is that I have so many different projects going on at once I decided to hit all the parts that used the same color at once instead of individually like I usually so. So I mixed up a little flat black and hit the tires on the Blenheim, Typhoon, B-24, 1/144 Tomcat and 1/144 Hornet. I also hit the propellers for the Blenheim and Typhoon.

For some reason I had decided to hand paint the props for the B-24 the night before. looking at the results I regret it it. you live and learn. It never fails broke one of the Blenheim props and one of the B-24 props. Of course that was time lost to repairing them.

Then I took some olive Drab and hit the rockets for the Typhoon and the anti-glare panel for the B-24.

You can tell I'm in a long term relationship because that is how I spent my Friday evening. :rolleyes:

IMG_3064.jpg

Nice work Dirk. I too came to that conclusion with the black paint aspect. I just bought a black spray can from walmart and spray all the tires, props, and guns at the same time. Easy easy, no more hand painting on the bigger things.

Some times I would be working on 2 or 3 planes at the same time intentionally picking aircraft with similar paint schemes so I wouldn't have to change the color in my airbrush so often.

great progress on those birds!

well, I just started masking the 737's engines with this brand new tape i bought called Frog Tape. I hope it reaacts well too the oil based enamel i have

I tried the three-kits-at-a-time approach... bit nothing ever seemd to get finished. Now I'm just going to crank through ine at a a time. There's always something to be done.

Frog Tape has gotta be one of the best investments I've ever made. I pulled the tape off, and had NO bleeding whatsoever! I highly recommend it to all of you!

HPIM1723.jpg

HPIM1724.jpg

HPIM1725.jpg

well here,s a bit more of the mossie its taken me a week to get to this stage so far notice the decals on the flare cartridges ouch fiddly or what but they look the mutts nuts.BB
mossie3.jpg

mossie4.jpg

mossie6.jpg

mossie7.jpg

Thanks guys this is certainly proving to be an absorbing kit and i,m loving it more pics soon.BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back