Woljags' Avro Lancaster/Manchester/Lincoln/York/Shackleton - Personal Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks chaps very kind,here is a few of my latest pics showing progress although nothing done for a week
bob4279.jpg

bob4270.jpg

bob4254.jpg

bob4265.jpg

bob4264.jpg

bob4271.jpg

pics show my vac form lincoln kit as found ,i started this over 30 years ago,with a pic of the aircraft i will try to copy,

the Lancaster up to date lots still to do on this but its getting there

the Manchester with its paintwork redone

hopefully i will get more time this week

thanks for looking

Looking really much, much better Bob. However I'm not sure about these code letters. I think these should be of the Medium Sea Grey rather .

Good stuff Bob. i agree with Wojtek re the codes, they would be Medium Sea Grey at this period I think.

Great work Bob!

Re the roundels, all my photos show them in the earlier A1 and B type - (let me know if you don't have any).

Thanks alot for your offer re the Lincoln too, but I should be right with my resin conversion sets for now. (Btw, ordered a CMK resin interior set for my Lincoln conversion, so plan to join your build soon! Itching to do her... :) )

Just an idea - maybe you can trade your spare Lincoln with someone for the Stirling you're after?

i've put the conversion parts in with your beau bits if you haven't got them already,your canopys arrived this morning and really help me thank you Evan

bob4275.jpg

bob4276.jpg

bob4277.jpg

bob4273.jpg

bob4274.jpg

bob4278.jpg

bob4280.jpg

bob4281.jpg

progress this week on the Lincoln,i've spent more time then i should have this week as i'm very busy at work,hope you like it so far,one of the pics shows the 3 projects so far on the go showing the differences in size,

thanks for looking

thanks chaps,still lots to do including the making and cutting out of the glazed nose section that was missing from the kit

i've still not found all the parts to the York Evan but i know i still have them somewhere,i also plan to do 2 x shackletons, 1 a restore of a already built damaged kit and the other another frog example still in its box,if anyone knows where to get the contrail vac form Avro Tudor from i'd be greatful

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back