Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

The Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yngwie is hard to compare to other players......... being neoclassical and all. He definitely is extremely quick but occasionally can over use a lick. Still very much an awesome player.

One more i Dont think i saw Michael Angelo. The guy can play with both hands............:shock:

Satch taugh Kirk actually and Satch taught Vai.

I went Satch for the fact his tone is very bluesy and he doesnt over play things. It was a hard choice though as vai is immensely brillant and so too Petruccti.

You are missing Paul Gilbert and anyone familar with Racer X or Mr Big will know this bloke is a machine.

Theres too many to list really. A few years ago i would have voted Kirk Hammett but not anymore. Hes had some good solos but moves around the pentatonic scale too much for my liking. Still metallica are my favourite band:D

I am shredder if it doesnt show already.:lol:

Oops I meant to say that Satriani tought Kirk, I think the convo of Vai made me type Vais name in.

I play a little bit of guitar myself but I am not an expert or anything. I actually have done the vocals in all of my bands.

Metallica is my fav as well. I have even seen them 9 times live since 1989 including last summer when they played all of Master of Puppets album note for note just as it is on the album.

Satch taught Vai ? I think not ..........

no favorite on this poll, different guys, different riffs, different guitars and different sounds

Hendrix from my days has to be in the top 5 and never really was able to explore his full potential, in fact none of the 60's guitarists did, as they of my generation were fully developed into other mind knumbing processes ......... and to see those clowns now ~ still dopers

even though many think he is a putz, George Lynch ought to be added .......

Hmmmm. Tough to decide. World's Greatest Guitarist...EVER? Wow. That's tough to split technically "greatest" from one who plays with "feel and emotion". And what about genre?

Blues - Stevie Ray Vaughn or John Lee Hooker
Jazz - Walter Becker (Steely Dan) or Lee Ritenour
Rock - Aaaah...Satriani (technical), Eddie VH (in his prime for feel), Brian May (emotion) and Neil Young (for being the Master of One Note Guitar Solos which never fail to impress)
Heavy Metal - I'll go with Adler on this one.
Pop - He Who's Name We Used Not Be Able to Pronounce - Prince (You gotta admit that little **** exudes talent, even if you don't like his music)

So world's greatest being defined as most influential... Hendrix.

Keith Richards, George Harrison, Johnny Marr?

JIMI HENDRIX IS WINNING!!!

And you know what? He's one of my idol guitar players! Y'know, I play guitar too, but I'm not really in a band...

Oops I meant to say that Satriani tought Kirk, I think the convo of Vai made me type Vais name in.

I play a little bit of guitar myself but I am not an expert or anything. I actually have done the vocals in all of my bands.

Metallica is my fav as well. I have even seen them 9 times live since 1989 including last summer when they played all of Master of Puppets album note for note just as it is on the album.

ah all cool....

Thats great are you still in a band at the moment??
Im trying to get a thrash one happening....

I'm green with envy Im yet to see the Mighty metallica dude.....

Much respect on seeing em 9 times8)

I'm lucky and old enough to have seen Queen live (I'm very, very old you know lol) and Brian May was alway's the greatest guitar player I saw and no one could put on a show like Queen could and even though I ticked BM I would have to say Jimi H though 8)

Brian may is awesome. Listen to Stone Cold Crazy the guy can play anything.
And the fact his guitar is an old mantle piece and the tremolo springs are from a bicycle is a fair effort:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back