Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

The Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Les paul nice! Gibson or Epiphone??

Brian May is actually quite an accomplished guitarist and yes hes one of my favourites too.

I have a Gibson, a studio Gem series Les Paul. Best buy ever.
With P90 single coils instead of the standard PAF Humbuckers. Great sound, all the heavyness of a humbucker with the bite of a single coil :D No guitar can compete with the Gibson sustain. But for funky stuff I use a Fender type as well, as the Gibson is a little too much for that :D

100_0376.jpg

heres my Ibanez

No, I had to get used to it at first. I thought it was butt-ugly, but couldn't deny the sound. That's what u buy a guitar for, isn't it? Now I kinda like it, a Les Paul with custom color.

Satch has a great blues technique, hes my next favourite next to Vai. His tone at G3 wasn;t so great though but then Peavey amps aren't always the greatest thngs around.

Satch has a great blues technique, hes my next favourite next to Vai. His tone at G3 wasn;t so great though but then Peavey amps aren't always the greatest thngs around.

Well I really cant argue with that because, I have never really heard anything by Vai

But Satch is just awesome, this guy doesnt need to sing, all his personality and emotions are in his fingers man

He taught Hammet almost everything he knows

Satch is a god

Yes! You can hear Satch in Kirks solos. Satch also taught

Kirk Hammett (Metallica), David Bryson (Counting Crows), Kevin Cadogan (Third Eye Blind), Larry LaLonde (Primus), Alex Skolnick (Testament), Phil Kettner (Laaz Rockit), Sebastian Rupley (CrankyGeeks, PC Magazine),Charlie Hunter, and Steve Vai.

Some big names there..

Cant argue there, Gilmour has this knack of mapping out his solos in his. rather than use theory its a technique that Vai uses aswell but to a different degree.

I remember reading an article that said the Gilmour and Syd Barrett would often teach other their approaches to guitar, with Syd providing the emotional approach, and Gilmour showing Syd proper technique. Of course they rubbed off on each other, and in the end, things unfortunately didn't end so well for Syd (may he rest in peace).

He did get a bit deep with his writing espicially with the final cut, but unlike a lot of people I dig that stuff even though the band was starting to fall apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back