WW2Aircraft Site Evolution

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
With some of the recent changes, came the issue of "site appearance".

Some of the folks here are newer members and perhaps haven't had the opportunity to see the changes over the years. Myself, I've only been a member since 2008, but I was a visitor long before I joined.

So I thought it might be fun to pull some images of the site up from the archives (the internet archive) and give everyone a blast from the past.

By the way, nearly every website on earth has been archived at one point or another here: Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music Wayback Machine

What I had to do, is stitch together a series of screenshots of each archived homepage of the forum and turn them into a reasonable sized JPG.

Hope this gives the older members a fun memory the past and the new members an idea of how the forum has grown over the years :thumbleft:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first in the series will be from 18 October 2000.

This is how the forum's homepage looked on that day:

ww2ac_18OCT2000.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea Dave! Been a member since 2007 myself, and it's gone through atleast 3 changes since then. Must admit I miss the original format from when I joined...

Thanks guys, it's kind of fun strolling through the past for a little bit...

And now, here's a glimpse of the past that several of us will miss and I have to say, this was the best look for the forum...ever!

This view from 15 October 2008, shows the forum's homepage in the great "Artakus" theme, from an age when the internet still had imagination and style:

ww2ac_15OCT2008.jpg

Yeap it sure has evolved over time. Hopefully we can keep it going.
Why not? We freakin' rock! :lol:

* By the way, anyone notice the beloved "Breaking News" thread still active in the 2008 view? :evil4:

And now comes the age of "Clean Blue", this archived forum homepage is from 11 January 2010:

ww2ac_11JAN2010.jpg

Last edited:
Several years ago, I did this same thing, have to search for it again. We even searched for famous first posts, like Adlers iirc.
Yes, I miss Artakus. It was a time when sites still had their own look instead of being equal.

Splendid. ..so much so I thought this spur of the moment composition seemed apt (I hope)

Nostalgia like the wreaths of exhaust fumes, permeates.

How time and information flows by like a slipstreams wisps,

Friends chat, topics and styles all swirl around from the past,

The fruits of victory and defeat fall into our mouths, lest history we repeat,

With a forum powered by radials, inlines, supers' or bo's, the members jostle too and fro,

All the while into history and feats we discuss and go, sharing all so we know,

It's a warm welcome to from WW2Aircraft.net you know.

Last edited:
Splendid. ..so much so I thought this spur of the moment composition seemed apt (I hope)

Nostalgia like the wreaths of exhaust fumes, permeates.

How time and information flows by like a slipstreams wisps,

Friends chat, topics and styles all swirl around from the past,

The fruits of victory and defeat fall into our mouths, lest history we repeat,

With a forum powered by radials, inlines, supers' or bo's, the members jostle too and fro,

All the while into history and feats we discuss and go, sharing all so we know,

It's a warm welcome to from WW2Aircraft.net you know.

I give you Bacon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back