1:32nd P-47D-25-RE of Lt. Col Francis Gabreski, June 6th, 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres some chop shots from Bill's humongous pic showin some choice detail... THANKS AGAIN BILL!!!!

Attachments

• ~real Bills a.jpg
    ~real Bills a.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 210
  • ~real Bills b.jpg
    ~real Bills b.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 218
  • ~real Bills c.jpg
    ~real Bills c.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 223
  • ~real Bills d.jpg
    ~real Bills d.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 435
  • ~real Bills e.jpg
    ~real Bills e.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 330
  • ~real Bills i.jpg
    ~real Bills i.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 431
  • ~real Bills h.jpg
    ~real Bills h.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 226
  • ~real Bills g01.jpg
    ~real Bills g01.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 215
  • ~real Bills g.jpg
    ~real Bills g.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 201
  • ~real Bills f.jpg
    ~real Bills f.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 234
  • ~real Bills j.jpg
    ~real Bills j.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 268
Dan, I was searching through my stock photos but did not find anything useful. Just a 109, P38,. P40, AT6s and some bombers. I will try again when I get home.

DBII

There's a load of detail pics and drawings of the engine, ancilliaries, mounts, and cowling supoports etc in the books on the CD I've sent Dan. Should be enough to build an engine bolt by bolt mate....... and if you want to move further back, and do the supercharger gear, that's there too!

Sh*t ! I forgot... I've got the 'Wolf Pack' book somewhere, I think at my mates's house! Must, must, must get it back, just in case he pops his cloggs like the other bloke a couple of weeks ago!

Dan - i knew that pic would choke the goat but it was the best res pic of his last bird in my collection. figured you could use the detail for the 'tape' liner'. I do agree w/Terry on difficulty of actually seeing the tape.

Here is a thought, however. R/C modellers use 1/32 tape to plant on wing and fuse for panel lines, spray and remove. You might be able to use the stuff After the flat black application of D-Day stripes and the clearcoat to seal the tape.

Good idea Bill. Thin strips of Tamiya masking tape could also be used, painted, applied, and sealed in place with a clear coat. I've used this for canopy framework, and for a model which had joint-sealing tape (on the original) with great success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back