**** DONE: P-47d of Lt.col. Benjamin Mayo 84th FS 78th FG duxford air base 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Should be OK with 500lb bombs - I'm using them on my as yet unfinished Academy 1/48th P47 from the 78th, based on a photo taken at Duxford in late June or July '44.

thanks for great comments guys,fatboris the decals with the tamiya kit have little cutouts on the side that will wrap around the front of the cowling,i just made sure that they were clearly seperated(with a knife)and i use Mr mark setter and softener this normally works for me.I'm going to ditch the rockets but leave the bombs, but i still have a couple of p-47's so i'm sure they will come in handy later.cheers!

Looks fantastic Bruce! That checker decal turned out beautifully. Could have been a real b!tch with the curvature but looks like the manufacturer got it right (not like my Bf 110 Wespe!)

thanks CR it was a worry but went on real good like i said that decal makes the plane but i've been looking at your 110 and it's another work of art andy!cheers.

Hey, Terry, any interest in "sharing" that photo....so I can steal it for my build? :twisted:

just a quick update on the build should have posted these last weekend but ran out of time!cheers.

Attachments

• canopy 1.jpg
    canopy 1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 204
  • landing gear 1.jpg
    landing gear 1.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 203
  • landing gear 2.jpg
    landing gear 2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 195
  • stripes 1.jpg
    stripes 1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 228
  • stripes 2.jpg
    stripes 2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 210
Looking great with the decals on!! :thumbright:

If you plan to detail the inside of the windscreen (Rear view mirror ect.) I have detail pictures of the real thing, just let me know.

Looks superb Bruce, great job mate.
Cory, P47's in the ETO had the oversized stars and bars beneath each wing, to prevent confusion between the FW190.
Fatboris, sorry, just noticed your request. I'm afraid the pic was in a book I got from the Public library (Duxford Eagles) about five or six years ago, before I had a PC and scanner; otherwise, I'd certainly post a copy.

here is another update on the build,but first thanks for the comments guys and Tbolt i'm about to do the canopy so any photos would be welcome,and with andy and catch22 i didn't notice the markings either until i went to put them on!So far i've put the flaps on,the prop on, the front of the canopy on,the drop tank on,the landing gear on and started the rest of the decals.I've also got to thank ozhawk for the post-it note idea to mask the anti glare panel i've been able to fix my mistake thought this would be be a pain but went really well

pic 1)front on view with the prop on with decals.wind screen glued in place (rear view mirror still to be attached)

pic 2)shows the model side on with the touch up on the anti glare panel(can't do the little red arrow thing yet but as i only got the internet on last december please bear with me)star and bar on and the i.d marks on the tail.

pic 3)underside invasion stripes on the wings and flaps done (decals not paint)drop tank and landing gear(bombs painted but not yet installed)

pic 4)side on view of the underside!

Attachments

• underside 2.jpg
    underside 2.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 226
  • underside 1.jpg
    underside 1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 250
  • side on 1.jpg
    side on 1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 241
  • front on 1.jpg
    front on 1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 200
Looking good! :thumbright: Took some shots of the windscreen this morning. Hope they help out.

Attachments

• P4301698.JPG
    P4301698.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 189
  • P4301701.JPG
    P4301701.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 126
  • P4301699.JPG
    P4301699.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 190
  • P4301704.JPG
    P4301704.JPG