A few ground rules for the new folks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geez, just joined up and this is the first thread I read !!! why did i join here?

Hopefully you joined because you have an interest in aircraft.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is to let new folks know what some of the rules are, although it's been hijacked in a few places.

I think most of the original post was pretty straightforward: don't get into flame wars, don't pick a fight with the Mods, be respectful, don't insult people.

Makes sense?

If you wish to play by the rules like the rest of us, then welcome and enjoy the forum.

The rules are fairly simple common-sense.

Here was the original post about rules forum behavior.

Hello, I am new to your forum and am delighted to have found you. My dad flew Liberators over Burma with the RAF during WWII. He was the pilot. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I have so many unanswered questions. Recently, I read that a pilot had to fly with his window open so that if the windscreen was obscured, he could put his head out to see where he was going? My dad never said anything about that other than it could be very cold. Is it true?

Thanks, Thorlifter. Yes, I could see it on approach or maybe taking off. In this novel, the pilot said having the window open was why he lost a finger to frostbite. I thought it was a bit over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread