A little Help here...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, here I am kinda wanting to get some modeling done, and the Commonwealth/Nightfighter Build is under way.... The kits I have available to me dont fit the bill....

All except this little 1/48 Bf109K-4 that Wayne sent me awhile ago... I know there are some sort of refrences out there, I just cant seem to find any... Im sure there were Nightfighter Units that had them attached, just cant seem to find any pic or info...

Anyone get the ball rolling???

Found 1 and only one ref so far for a K-4, that of White 5 flying with 1./NJG11...

EagleCals make a sheet EC3274 that has this White 5...

Attachments

• ~nf NJG11 Messerschmitt_Bf109K-4.jpg
    ~nf NJG11 Messerschmitt_Bf109K-4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 134
  • ~nf NJG11 Messerschmitt_Bf109K-4_5__400x125.jpg
    ~nf NJG11 Messerschmitt_Bf109K-4_5__400x125.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 140
  • EAG32074.jpg
    EAG32074.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 4981529155_5ccc3dc543_o.jpg
    4981529155_5ccc3dc543_o.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 134
I have found a short note that the I./NJG11 was equipped with K variant of Bf109 at the end of the war. So the profile might be correct. But nothing about their usage was mentioned.

I've looked through "Messerschmitt Bf 109 K Camouflage and Markings" by Japo and Krzysztof W. Wolowski's "Bf 109 Late Versions, Camouflage and Markings" and the only Bf 109 K documented with photographic evidence as a nightfighter is White 5.

Really??? Only one 109K-4 has been documented???

ONE???

Jesus...

Well then Wayno, I would appreciate any and all info u have concerning her, cause thats where Im headed...

And in this 1/48th scale, I would assume Im gonna need White 5's... I'll have to check the stash, but not muh 1/48th stuff there...

I have found a short note that the I./NJG11 was equipped with K variant of Bf109 at the end of the war. So the profile might be correct. But nothing about their usage was mentioned.

Yup, there's nada on this aircraft. Even assigning it to I.NJG11 is a best guess. Only that one photo exists, there's a lovely profile of it in the Japo book.

There seems to be alittle dissention amongst sites and sources....

The last pic I posted shows the actually plane partially gutted by the blown out hanger... Is it a 109G-10 or a 109K-4??? The bulge on the front of the cowling looks VERY dark compared to the rest of the camo, and the bubble bulge seems to be there....

The K-4 does not have the bubble bulge.... SO.................

Last edited:
The photograph is from the Japo book, there is some text beneath it with a lengthy discussion on the picture itself, the camouflage applied and possible unit designation. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner but I suspect Wayne or Wurger might have the book too...

No problem. I can write the text if Wayne or Wurger can't deliver. Nice looking bird and a good odd one for a model I think.

There seems to be alittle dissention amongst sites and sources....

The last pic I posted shows the actually plane partially gutted by the blown out hanger... Is it a 109G-10 or a 109K-4??? The bulge on the front of the cowling looks VERY dark compared to the rest of the camo, and the bubble bulge seems to be there....

The K-4 does not have the bubble bulge.... SO.................

It's definitely a K-4, all the right bulges are there, the tell tail sign is the fuselage hatch position forward and higher in the next frame position than all other 109's..

If you don't have a white 5 let me know will check my stash....

Sent pics and info via email.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back