Aces Aircraft of WW2 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Think I've found one, unfortunately there isn't a decal sheet in existence in 1/32, haven't checked 1/48 but I'd probably want to go with the larger scale. I don't think it would be too horrible to mask.

Koki Kawamoto, 8+ kills.

ki84rcIMG_1049.jpg

Nakajima Ki-84 Frank by Ron Cline (Hasegawa 1/32)

I've almost decided on the 55th Fighter Group P-51 "Millie G" flown by Maj Edward B Giller.
The only hitch is that Giller had total of 9 confirmed kills, but only 3 of those were air to air kills the remaining 6 being ground kills. My question is does this qualify him as an ace? I know that after a certain date ground kills counted, but I don't know that date, or if those kills counted towards the status of "Ace" The dates of some of his ground kills were:
April 9, 1945 Me-410
April 9, 1945 Me-262
April 16, 1945 He-111

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 155
I think it'll probably qualify Glenn, as ground kills were counted from late 1944 far as I know. I've got some pics and profiles if you need them.

I have narrowed down a possible subject involving a Kittlyhawk III. In trying to locate a good 1/48 kit for this, I wanted to land the Hasegawa Kittyhawk III but found it hard to find. My LHS had the Has Kittyhawk IV which I purchased after doing a quick net search on my BB that led me to believe that the kit had sufficient interchangeable parts to do the Kitty III. Wrong. The kit lacks the short fuselage and fillet on the tail that I need to produce the needed subject.

I'm aware of some III's on E-Bay and some lesser known web outlets but if anyone has an unbuilt Hasegawa 1/48 Kittyhawk III (#09715) and would like to trade for a pristine Hasegawa Kittyhawk IV (#09732), fire me a PM please.

Andy, you may have to go with the AMT/Ertl P-40K. Its probably not in the same league with the Hasegawa, but still a nice kit. I'm in a middle of building one right now that's listed in start to finish builds. Here's one on eBay cheep Hasegawa. The kit come with a separate tail, so you may be able to combine the two kits.

I have narrowed down a possible subject involving a Kittlyhawk III. In trying to locate a good 1/48 kit for this, I wanted to land the Hasegawa Kittyhawk III but found it hard to find. My LHS had the Has Kittyhawk IV which I purchased after doing a quick net search on my BB that led me to believe that the kit had sufficient interchangeable parts to do the Kitty III. Wrong. The kit lacks the short fuselage and fillet on the tail that I need to produce the needed subject.

I'm aware of some III's on E-Bay and some lesser known web outlets but if anyone has an unbuilt Hasegawa 1/48 Kittyhawk III (#09715) and would like to trade for a pristine Hasegawa Kittyhawk IV (#09732), fire me a PM please.

Hello,

Do you try to find the Hasegawa Kit 09753 "P-40K 64th fighter Squadron" ?
954_rn.jpg

Steph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back