Aces Aircraft of WW2 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Best i can do:

litvyk3.jpg

There is a recolored photo of her plane here:

Jak-1 of Lydia Litvak Recoloured | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Yak-1b "White 23" was her latest aircraft she flown in 1943. Earlier she fought using Yak-1 "Yellow44"

WW II ACE STORIES
Soviet Women Pilots in the Great Patriotic War

night-witches-7.jpg

586o_suntagma_Gunaikon.jpg

litvak2.jpg

yak-1fly.jpg

yellow44.jpg

Her Yak-1b...... being refueled for her next flight late Spring of 1943

yaklilya.jpg

Well.... bl**dy h3ll it finally arrived today.
Just cleaning up a few odds and ends on my other builds, three, and will get straight into it!

Boy did I just have a brain fart.
I thought, this Yak build could go pretty fast, I might as well do Guy Bordelon's F4U-5!

Geez, that was Korea!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to decide what to build for this Group Build. I have it narrowed down to two choices and have a question about one of them. Would an aircraft qualify if it was flown by a pilot who was an ace, but was not yet an ace at the time he flew the aircraft in question?

Here's the two I was thinking about:

The first is "The Millie G" flown my Maj. Edward Giller of the 343rd Fighter Squadron, 55th Fighter Group.

The second is "Fargo Express" Flown by Lt. Leland P. Molland of the 308th Fighter Squadron, 31st Fighter Group.

I've found it difficult to decide between the two. I've always loved the paint scheme of the 55th FG and have been itching to do a Mustang in natural metal finish. I wanted to do "Miss Velma", but the pilot, Capt. Frank E. Birtciel, was not an ace. I also love the look of the desert camo Spit with the stars and bars, so I think I'll do them both, concentrating on the P-51, but still working on the Spit, and hopefully finishing them both.

Attachments

• 3_24.jpg
    3_24.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 144
Well, started tooling around with my Dora-9 for the previous GB, so I might just jump on this one.....
Don't know what to do though....

1. Anderson's P-51D 'Old Crow'....
2. Peterson's P-47 'In the Mood'....
3. Peterson's P-51D 'Hurry Home Honey'....

Would have loved to do Gerald R. Johnson's P-38J (L?) 'Jerry', but have never seen any decals for that bird, got decals for his silver P-40 though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back