Achtung Mosquito!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Paintwork looks OK to me Jan. I can see you might have problems with the decals, being big and long. Use Wayne's tip, and spray (the unused ones) with a clear varnish before use. Johnson's Klear works, but you must let it harden for at least 12 hours before using the decals. From what I see in the pics, they lookOKk, but if you've got cracks etc, can you touch 'em in with paint?

Hmm. The 'milky substance' is the decal adhesive mixing with the carrier film residue. When you apply the next ones, don't use 'Set', but put a lot of water on the area to be decalled, using a paint brush. When the decal is positioned, use the same brush to wash the residue from under the decal, then press it into place. See if they'll settle without using 'Sol' first, but maybe put a drop or two of 'Sol' on the decal whilst still on the backing paper, after removing from the water.
Let them dry on the model, then gently clean any marks/residue, again with a wet brush, patting dry with a soft cloth, NOT a tissue. The latter will leave 'dust' on any sticky residue, agravating the problem.
Once they have set, then, if there is any crinkling etc, apply a little 'Sol' and leave them, unless there are obvious air pockets underneath. If so, prick with a pin or point of a scalpel blade, press gently with a paint brush, then 'feed' a little 'Sol' into the hole with the tip of a brush.
Sorry mate, can't think of any other 'fixes' at the moment, not without physically seeing the problem.

Some more work done today.....hopefully tomorrow, sidemarkings.

This light gray C will painted black in time to match the other G-AGG....

Ooops! Missed the -!

You don't say....

Anyhoo, that's all the decals on....finally! Still a few hickups.

Why is it always when you struggle with decals with attitude that you miss things....? Oh cr*p!

Users who are viewing this thread