An Old Temple in my Neighbourhood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. I've always had a fascination with Japan. I'm amazed how it's so progressive with technology yet can still hold on to its old values. That's a Shinto temple?

Shinpachi, very nice camera and pics. I have an old Yashica SLR that I bought back in the early '70s and a Yashica 8mm movie camera but finding any type of film is very difficult and then trying to get them printed is another major problem

Yashika was also good and I once owned Electro35 too.
Color films in my town are not so expensive but development charge is always very expensive. So I am planning to develop 35mm color films by myself. Basic cost will be about JPY2,500.00(about USD30.00) for 20 rolls of 24 shots film.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. I've always had a fascination with Japan. I'm amazed how it's so progressive with technology yet can still hold on to its old values. That's a Shinto temple?

Hello, Astaldo711!
Thank you very much for enjoying my photos.
Yes, this Shitennoji Temple is a Buddhism temple and the oldest one founded in 593 though burnt down many times to restore.

Please enjoy some more...

22S.jpg

17S.jpg

Excellent capture of the bird. Not sure what it is. Looks to be of the Crane family.

Thanks for your comment, Aaron.
Have you noticed this bird has a long neck? Great:shock:
This is a heron. You have good eyes.

When I was taking photos of turtles, this bird suddenly landed on the stage in front of me and requested me to take photos!

A Happy New Year soon!

Attachments

• 18SS.JPG
    18SS.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 53
I thought so but I was not sure. Around here they are some what larger.:thumbright: I'm not sure if they celebrate Christmas in your country and if not I hope that you are doing well and prospering.

Last edited:
I think you are a very expert of the nature, Aaron, which I always admire.

Regardless Christians or not, we celebrate the Christmas eve in Japan.
Our great grandfathers would not have understood what it means well but only looked enjoyable:dontknow:

I am not a Christian but the kindergarten I went was Christian.
They taught me the Bible for two years. My elder bother had become a real Christian afterwards...

Attachments

• PC220327SS.JPG
    PC220327SS.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 68
  • PC220335SS.JPG
    PC220335SS.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I'm not as good with the nature stuff as I use to be. When I was younger I was always outside. As far as religion, and this can be a touchy subject and this is just my opinion, I do not believe in it. I do believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Every one is entitled to free choice.:cool:

Shinpachi, In my opinion one does not have to be christian to celebrate and understand the ideals of Christmas "Peace on Earth and Good will toward Men" applies everywhere in the world.
About 10 - 12km from where I live is Lake Renwich Nature preserve a Herron and Egret rookery.
The Great Blue Heron and the last pic is a Egret

Attachments

• 1d20f69b-bf87-4332-8f75-f4ab4e008697.jpg
    1d20f69b-bf87-4332-8f75-f4ab4e008697.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 48
  • herron rookery.jpg
    herron rookery.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 66
  • herrons.jpg
    herrons.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Lakerenwickherron.jpg
    Lakerenwickherron.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Lakerenwick.jpg
    Lakerenwick.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 550px-Great_Egret.jpg
    550px-Great_Egret.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I'm not as good with the nature stuff as I use to be. When I was younger I was always outside. As far as religion, and this can be a touchy subject and this is just my opinion, I do not believe in it. I do believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Every one is entitled to free choice.:cool:

Since my elder brother recommended me to be a Christian when I was young, I went to his church for several months but I could not be. Reason was very simple - there were too many ladies, young and old, for me to feel at home:)
I rather loved a samurai environment.

Shinpachi, In my opinion one does not have to be christian to celebrate and understand the ideals of Christmas "Peace on Earth and Good will toward Men" applies everywhere in the world.
About 10 - 12km from where I live is Lake Renwich Nature preserve a Herron and Egret rookery.
The Great Blue Heron and the last pic is a Egret

You have the great nature in your neiborhood, Mike!
Thanks for your fantastic advice and many beautiful pictures.
I love the enjoyable atmosphere of the Christmas eve too:)

Please enjoy the old temple today -

Birds and a turtle.
DSC01512_trimmed_S.jpg

DSC01537S.jpg

DSC01581S.jpg

Last edited:
been a while since I visited this thread...Excellent pics....as usual Shinpachi!:D

Thank you very much for checking my thread, Wayne!
It was very chilly here today but I know It is hot summer in your country.
Take care of your health and let me wish you and your family a Happy New Year soon!

Life goes on...

DSC01472S.jpg

Shinpachi, excellent close-up pictures. the rookery in my neighborhood is closed to the public and you can only observe from around the perimeter so without a very large telephoto lens nothing like your pics are possible

Attachments

• renwickobserve.jpg
    renwickobserve.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 93
Interesting information, Mike.

To tell you the truth, there is a zoo on my way to the old temple.
There is also a huge bird cage in it and many wild birds, like herons, gather to stay around the cage.
The number of wild birds is increasing year by year...around me too:shock:

P1010261RS.jpg

P1010263RS.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for checking my thread, Wayne!
It was very chilly here today but I know It is hot summer in your country.
Take care of your health and let me wish you and your family a Happy New Year soon!

My pleasure my friend....and yes a hot one today, 39.6C/103f

Doing my best thanks mate and a Happy New Year to you too!!:D:D

Excellent photos Shinpachi. I have been meaning to get out and get some more barn and nature shots but my Jeep has been sick (under repair) for the last two weeks and now the front drive shaft is out so I don't have four wheel drive and have to be careful as to where I go so I don't get stuck. So I am a little restrained at the moment.

Shinpachi, keep a careful watch on the TYPE of birds gathering around you. when they become mostly vultures you're in trouble.
Kodak announced that they have made their last roll of Kodachrome film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back