Best ways to get rid of Jeovah Witnesses...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh dear, Maria...now you've started something. All over the web, male frequenters of this forum are now conjuring up exactly what you might look in the Emperor's New Clothes...I predict a maelstrom of male fantasies!:oops:

Here's my solution. It has worked for over 15 years.

(BTW,I am an Athiest Unitarian)

We have a sign I made in our window "We Solicit Back". If they ring the bell, they're already 1 crayon short of a full box by not getting the sign.

When we open the door, we say very nicely. Thank you so much for coming over so we can share our religion with you. Here is some info for you to read. (And yes, I have literature about being an atheist and about being a Unitarian).

Usually they same something like we don't want yours, here's ours. To which I reply. Excuse me, but you came to my house. If you would like to have a serious discusison about religion, I'm all for it. To insist I take your literature without you taking mine is very rude, and any religion who teaches it's flock to be rude isn't worth my time. No wonder society is the way it is, if people can't even learn good manners at church. So, are you here for a converation about my religion, since this is my house or are you here to continue to be rude?

If you're here for a conversation come on in for a glass of wine and we'll talk.

Haven't seen an LDS or JW in about 10 years.

Works well for people selling things too. If they ring the bell to sel lme magazines, newspapers, oil change punch cards, etc. I hand them book orders (like the kids bring home from school) and ask if they'll buy books for my classroom. I tell them I only take cash and I'll give them a receipt so they can take the deduction on their taxes.

The look on their faces is priceless. I always have to point out the sign, and explain it and mention that they came to my house without being invited.

It was pope on the radio all day too, apparently he is going to make guy a saint cos he performed a miracle..........is this 2010?

Well, one step coser to being Sainted (does that mean they have to be 'anoited' with 'white oil' by a member of the clergy -joking in bad taste), he, John Something-or-other is now Blessed John What-his-face/Where's-his-corpse-gone.

I live in Birimingham, I didn't go, but I listened to it on the radio; that old tech. Since I'm not really believing of any religious dogma or prozelatising books, but I like idea of good morals and being a respectful individual, so I listened sonce I never was a church goer.

Back on topic....

You could always politely threaten them via an ASBO, for infringment of Privacy, since they're Watchers, there practically S&M Voyeurs; Let there children die of treatable injuries/diseases etc just Watch life go by.

What do you get, if you cross a Jehovas Witness with a Hells Angel ?

Someone who knocks on your door on a Sunday morning and tells YOU to 'F**k off !'

I suppose the Hells Witness/Jahova Angels would be extemely conflicted after a fight, although I think the lawless ones wouldn't be into taking drugs so much - since its a form of medication and so, against 'God's Choice'.
...Security Angel... "We provide tight, secure and pro-active security for events, and if someone does start up, we will handle it 'discretely'. If that doesn't do it, with 'His' approval, we'll 'finish' it."
i1386266_nudist.jpg

Last edited:
Just had them show up Saturday. Had a child doing their annoying "work" for them.

Geo

I once had two mormon "missionaries" knock on my door on a boring Saturday in northern Scotland. As an ex church schoolboy who has sung in the choir in Durham Cathedral a matter of feet from the graves of Cuthbert and Bede I really appreciated their attempts to introduce Christianity to a poor heathen. After a three hour discussion they were looking for a way out themselves.

Usually the few that I've actually taken the time to engage with have been looking for a way out by the end of it. Its amazing what happens when you expose some of religions dirty little secrets/idiosyncrasies that they'd rather ignore...

Usually the few that I've actually taken the time to engage with have been looking for a way out by the end of it. Its amazing what happens when you expose some of religions dirty little secrets/idiosyncrasies that they'd rather ignore...

You might like to think so but realistically you are dealing with a couple of teenagers who, after awhile, realize you are a lost cause and will serve their time better looking for more fertile ground. No offense intended.

To the moderators, this subject has the potential of turning very nasty. Along the lines of speaking on politics. Perhaps it might be best if this subject were closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back