Bf 110C-4, from 2./EGr 210 July 1940 BOB GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

found these in the Messerschmitt Bf110 in color profile by John Vasco and Fernando Estanislau

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 110a.jpg
    110a.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 110b.jpg
    110b.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 172
Ambitious project David.

You can also get info "straight from the horses mouth", Mr Vasco can be found on several forums. Don't forget to ask for guitar lessons. :D

Finally started building her.

For a 1/32 kit, I was amazed at the lack of detail that was included.

If you add the stick, a fire wall and the control panel, this is the full extent of the detail provided:
Bf 110 Basic.JPG

Which really is just pathetic. Since I could not find any PE for the C-4/D, I went ahead and purchased the Eduard Interior and Exterior detail set for the G model figuring I can use about half of them.

I started building and painting the "boxes" the base color that will be mounted on the cockpit sides.
Bf 110 addins 1.JPG

Bf 110 addins 2.JPG

I also built the engines with the base color, highlighted some of the lines, and then put an initial wash on them.
Bf 110  Engine.JPG

Next step is to finish building the Cockpit PE parts and assemble.

Good start David. Seeing the pics, I now remember I had to scratch-build the interior on the 1/32nd scale 'G' version. But then, this was a late '60s / early 70's kit, so quite ambitious for the time, when you think the average kit back then had a tab for a seat, and a ' Mr Blobby' for a pilot !
I'd like to see Revell re-tool and re- release some of these kits again - but only those which are overall accurate - the Bf109F not being one of them !

Thanks Terry, I really wished I had checked out the kit first. I think I'd been happier with a nice 1/48 scale with much more detail.

You could always enter a 1/48th scale version, and keep this one for some 'super detailing' work at a later date ?
If you decide to go the route of 1/48th scale, then, apart from the excellent Eduard kits, which as you know are a tad pricey, then the old Fujimi kit is a good alternative. It's a bit basic by today's standards, but has adequate internal detail OOB, easily enhanced by just a small amount of work, and is accurate overall. And the good thing is, it's around the £7 to £10 in the UK, so about $10 or $12 or a touch more, if my conversion is close.
The 1/32nd scale kit can be made into a superb model, and the internal detailing is pretty straightforward, as the '110 was rather 'plain' inside, give or take a few bits here and there.

The Eduard kits are almost the other end of the extreme with so many tiny fiddley bits in the cockpit. I ended up spending days on the pit, only to find that I could have left a lot of the stuff out since it can't be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back