Calling all Modellers!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have you tried 21st Century's web-site Dan? The last time I looked, it was still there, and you can order direct.

If you're able to get the 21st Century Corsair, I think you'll be able to make something really good out of it. And the really good thing is, they're cheap - less than £10 in the UK, and even less I believe in the 'States.

What? The ex-Matchbox, now Revell kit? Most of the Revell 1/32nd scale kits are around £15 in the UK, about $35 Cnd I think. I might be a bit wrong about the Dauntlesss though, it could be about £22. I'll check and let you know Cory.

Ah! Sorry! Anyway, checked it out, and it seems like the revell, ex-Matchbox dauntless is discontinued again!
BUT! I did find the Revell 1/32nd scale FW190D9, and the Corsair, at £20 and £15 respectively, at King Kit, a dealer in out of circulation/ second hand etc kits.
Also, the Revell web-site (not Revell Germany) are showing a re-release of 'Classic' 1/32nd scale kits, and it looks like the Bf109F is the old, late '60's one. BTW, I think the FW190D is probably the original Revell one, not the ex-Hasegawa re-boxed kit.

Darn, I'm still trying to hunt down one of those re-boxes. I actually found a dealer based in Canada that has it on their site, but it says they're sold out. I also kinda got told last night no more models till the ones you have are built! :lol:

Just re-checked King Kit, Catch. They've got another Revell Dora listed, at £29.99, which is probably the re-boxed one; but the Hasegawa one is less than that anyway!

I should Rochie!

Yeah, I checked Hannant's, just to see what the price would be like, and it worked out to be $70 CND for a Hasegawa one, so I'm gonna probably phone that place that I saw the re-boxed one on their site and see if they're going to get more in. It was $45, as opposed to the $60+ I would pay!

Just a question is Hannants pretty good for online ordering?

I'm just eying off a few kits including the Revell Lanc in 1/72, was thinking of grabbing a couple at 12quid each with no VAT I'm extremely tempted.

I agree with Jan ref Hannant's. I've been using them, off and on, for over 30 years. My only complaint is, they no-longer have a hard-copy catalogue, which means trawling through a slightly cumbersome web-site, and they'll only send paints if ordered with a kit. Apart from that, brilliant, and quick. Model Hobbies I've only used for the past 5 months, and they, too, are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back