Calling all Modellers!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds like it's going to be a PTO GB then? Just realised, that looks like the name of a North American radio or TV station...'You're listening to PTOGB, through the night with Kyle G Roryass....'!
Thanks Corey, haven't got it yet, but I think that's the one, the Tamiya 1/48th kit, with towing tractor. Only wanted it for the tractor really!
If everyone agrees on this for the next GB, may I suggest that the start date isn't until about mid-April? That way, it should allow enough time to get everything cleared, ready for the end of THIS GB, and time to do some research, and loads of gum-flapping about b****y colour schemes, rivet shapes, wave heights etc!!!
Then, can we do one that's got something to do with the R.A.F. in the ETO please? It's about time I did a RAF kite, as I noticed whilst writing the diorama guide, that my models recently have been predominantly USAAF !
I love this forum...great bunch of guys, great humour and motivation, and LOADS of shared info; thank Heavens I got the Internet!

Would love for a RAF GB to follow suit, a ETO or MTO/North Africa GB....a Spitfire would be nice for a change or a Mossie (yes, I know about my BOAC Mossie!) or something else....
Then we all can freshen up on Queens English, right Terry?

Toodle pip and all that rot!

Certainly could old boy! Of course, with a WW2 GB, it would have to be King's English, don't you know, what?!

Yes, I'm just about awake. Going to sign out for awhile, as I want to 'do some Dora'! Missed getting to the Model Shop in time, and I needed to replace some paints; going to try a mix with some old Xtracolor gloss enamels - should save some time on gloss coating! Toodle pip for now, old fruit!

An RAF GB would be cool, if its later in the year, I'll have time to rescribe my 1/48 Airfix Spit Vb.

PTO GB would give me a excuse to build that RAAF bird I promised the Aussies here. :)

I agree with Muller my RAAF Spit VB/C trop is still waiting for assembling as well.

Would like to try anyone of these....does any of them come with the option to do the clipped wing Vb?

Attachments

• TA61033.jpg
    TA61033.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 59
  • TA61035.jpg
    TA61035.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 61
I'm like you Dan; I guess catch is the Corsair man, he can tell us what to get and what not to get etc.
Jan, not sure about the 1/48th Spits for 'clippys', although I know the 1/32nd kit has the option. It's a very simple conversion anyway, just a couple of quick saw-cuts and a bit of filing and sanding.

Dan, I have both the Revell and Trumpeter offerings. The Trumpeter is good, but the wheel covers that are on the front are completely wrong, but they'd be easy enough to fix. It also has a cockpit floor which is wrong, but once it's in it'd be hard to tell. The engine is fantastic.

The Revell one I haven't built (well I've only done the cockpit of the Trumpy), but I can certainly speak to my dad about it. I don't think it had much in the way of problems, but I could be wrong. The one good thing about it is, if you can find one, is it's cheap. The Trumpeter one was $75 CND, so not cheap at all. Hobbycraft also makes one, but I've only seen it once and I have no idea how good it is.

I don't know if I'm a Corsair expert, but I'm willing to help!

Like the idea Terry of mid april

What about the 21st centuary toys 1/32 Corsair? isn't that a fairly decent kit at a reasonable price?

Swede was flying White 5 when he made those kills Jan...

Cheers Dan, was just going with the profile in the Osprey book, since I couldn't remember the machine from the "Dogfights" series. Thanks for the heads up! Well, that's one for me then and quite possible the Hanson F4U.....
Might toss in a Yorktown Wildcat too! :oops: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back