Calling all Modellers!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The PTO time frame....?
Maybe it should start in April and run to V-J day, 15th August....the finish date should have some significance..right?

Some form of 'Jet' build would be a good change also....:D

A Cold War sounds interesting to me as well, Got a Mig-21, F-8 Crusader and a F-104 Starfighter....

PTO timeline sounds good as well, April to VJ-Day.... As for a period for the "Cold War", how about from '51 when Korean War started to '89 when the Berlin Wall fell?

Might have to do a Korean War Skyraider now AND a Corsair, having a relative serving in the USN on carrier during that war....

Could include Korea, but I had thought that perhaps that could be ANOTHER future GB, maybe for prop jobs? I was thinking of the 'Cold War' in the way of all aircraft, from so many countries, that could be included; USSR and satellites, USA, UK, France, W.Germany etc etc.
As Korea actually WAS a war, I hadn't actually thought of it as part of the theme. But, if everyone wants it included, fine by me.
Problem is, I keep thinking ahead too much!!

Agree, let's just concentrate on the current and PTO GB's for now. But, if it's gong to be a 'Cold War' build eventually, I'd suggest any aircraft from any of the Powers, as long as it's relative to the theme. Those details can be discussed nearer the time though.

Was just thinking about this with the GB's. What are they going to be like, four over a year as in 3 months length, three with the length of four months or....what the h*ck with the legth of d*rn months or...something that's gonna pop up when you least expect it...."what the h*ll"? :lol: In either way, should it be decided in the beginning of each year what the next 3/4GB's gonna be, with a poll or decide as we get close to the finish of each GB? Also, since the name of the forum is ww2aircraft.net, but we do talk about armour, naval etc....should the GB's also include ships, tanks etc?

Hmm, good point Jan. I think for the next build, it's pretty much decided on, but partway through that one we should sit down and figure out how exactly it's going to work. This time and the PTO builds, we kind of just came to a consensus, but I think polls would be good.

I agree. I'd suggest that all concerned make a list of suitable/possible subjects for future builds; these can then be posted (as a combined effort, single list), and the one that gets the most votes in the poll will be the next one build, the second highest votes the following one, and so on.
As for how many GB's in a given year, I'd think 4, ie. one per 3 month span, would be enough. Of course, if one build happens to conclude quickly, with all particapnts having finished, ready for voting, then the next one can start earlier, with the possibility of 'squeezing' in a fifth build.
I would think that, with the myriad ideas that are bound to emerge from the thoughts of the members (and suggestions from non-participating members) there will be enough on the list to keep us all going for at least 3 to 4 years!
Gosh, I'll be past retiring age before then! Hang on, I'm already retired early! Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back