Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work on those nasty decals Luis Carlos. I don't know the answer to your question either, though I could guess that they might signify machine gun, cannon, or flak.

Thank you friends for your comments and there will be someone who can instruct us on the meaning of the colors of those spots painted on the fuselage.

In an opportunity, tomorrow I ask the question in the corresponding sub-forum and someone can resolve the doubt.

regards

I no longer had the opportunity to upload what I already have in photos, ... will be for tomorrow.
I have all the plane with some layers of future and so apply the decals; ... you have more experience, what is your opinion:
... for the sake of time I would not want to apply the future with airbrush, but with a brush exclusively on the decals to seal them (as you can see, the whole plane is satin and smooth), ... let dry the future and then start with washes, oils, pigments other details for weathering. It's a good idea??
I have seen some videos and come to apply two washes with different colors and then, use the airbrush to seal one wash before applying the other.

Well, I'll keep an eye on your suggestions and while I'll consult with my pillow.

Good night and see you tomorrow.

The work continued and I removed what covered at the landing gear walls ...

Also the tape covering the turbochargers, ...with a wet swab I loosened the liquid mask that was still there and with a toothpick and a brush of hard and short bristles was easy to leave clean.

With an old bast fiber, I made some chips that got the original plane in the front of the cowlings on all four engines.

It really is very little with reference to other B-24 in war pictures. I suppose this beauty was rejuvenated for its triumphal journey ...

All decals are already sealed with Future, I will give them the time to start with the weathering, ... well, here I am ...

Hasta la próxima

Good stuff Luis.
No 'Star and Bars' decal for the top of the port wing ?

Thanks Terry, ... note that the instructions do not indicate 'Star and Bars' decal on the top of the right wing (- port wing -), and the decal sheet has two.
I also could not identify a photo where you can see that 'Star and Bars' in the port wing. I guess this particular plane does not.

If there is evidence of its existence on this plane, I already have the decal in existence.

A hug my old friend, greetings from the warm Mexico City (too much traffic !!)

The forward edge of the blue disc of the Star and Bars can just be seen to the right of the vertical prop blade, indicated by the red arrow in the photo.

View attachment 369356
Wow !! .... and I consider myself an observant person, ... pending other details, I never checked above the cowling looking for how the propellers looked.
Terry, I'm amazed at your ability to observe! ...
I'm still in time to put that decal! At last I was resigned to the fact that it looked a bit empty that top view of my Lib (respecting the instructions and not find photos that told me that there is only a badge there).

Thank you very much ...

Luis Those wings are looking fantastic . I cant wait to see more progess pics . I would like to see you build a B-25 Mitchell

Brian

I have just a B-25G, 1/48 Academy, standing in line. Within about 3 or 4 fighters, I hope it's her turn.
Thank you for your comments Brian.

LC, have you noticed that there was the letter "R" on the nacelle of the outer port engine ?

Thanks for the observation Wojtek, ... that "R" is very likely to be red? (Like the small "R" of the vertical stabilizers?), I do not think I have problem trying to do it with a brush and a good pulse. I can do it.
I appreciate those details that further refine this beautiful project.

Saludos para ambos.

The red colour is very likely. But the black one too. The nacelle camo paint seems to be overheated there a little bit. As a result the black letter could have been faded. However the red colour could become darker for the reason as well. Anyway any colour it was you can use either black-grey or dull red one.Personally I would use the dull red.

BTW ... one shot more of her found via the net ....

Last edited:
Both observations ... come true ...
Thanks for the feedback Terry and Wojtek

I am in the process of applying a few layers of "filters", both in the bottom (UK azure) and the top (US desert sand). Then continue with oils and try a weathering as attached to the images, ... I feel it will be something fun!

Taking a bigger advance I share the photos.

Again thanks to all who have appeared here and for doing this together.

Saludos y excelente fin de semana para todos.

Users who are viewing this thread