Coronavirus Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
"... Do people still think that the response from our leadership and population is not a joke?"

Perhaps ... but THAT is not unique to this crisis or this administration. The RestOfWorld has often thought USA was out-of-whack in the past. So what ...? That didn't make ROW right.

There is a strong whiff of hypocrisy around this topic, IMO

Last edited:
Don't come here unless you want to go into solitary for fourteen days.
Oops! I gloated too soon. Yesterday the governor opened our borders to visitors from neighboring counties with low infection rates (below 400 per million), which includes most of NH, ME, western MA, and northern NY. Les Québécois still not welcome, per Der Fuehrer in DC and his ICE-y attitude regarding "furriners". (Anglo Canadians seem to be OK.) WTF!

Perhaps ... but THAT is not unique to this crisis or this administration. The RestOfWorld has often thought USA was out-of-whack in the past. So what ...? That didn't make ROW right.
The US, ever since it became a world power, has behaved like a muscular, arrogant, headstrong adolescent: "Baby Huey", a bull in a china shop, to the consternation of the ROW who mostly have much older, more experienced societies than we. We lack the wisdom to match our muscle. Look who we choose for leaders.

So we're down to 29 ICU patients (was 1500 in April), 2 dead today. Total amount of patients In hospital with COVID is less then 200. Contrary to the believe of some world leaders, the total amount of known corona patients went down, despite of increasing the amount of tests considerably.

So we're down to 29 ICU patients (was 1500 in April), 2 dead today. Total amount of patients In hospital with COVID is less then 200. Contrary to the believe of some world leaders, the total amount of known corona patients went down, despite of increasing the amount of tests considerably.

What???? You increased testing, but your cases went down??? How is that possible???

:D

You guys must be doing something right...

How so? Please explain.
The crisis is just that, a biological crisis, that should not be confused with a political crisis ... this is not case.
I shouldn't have to explain that to a Mod, IMO

How so? Please explain.
The crisis is just that, a biological crisis, that should not be confused with a political crisis ... this is not case.

Sorry, but you would be completely wrong. Here in the US it is both a biological and a political crisis. Leaders on both sides are failing the people, spreading false information and lies all for their own personal gain.

That should be plain as day and self explanatory to anyone, IMO

How so? Please explain.
I don't really understand what you mean. It's not only a biological crisis in my opinion, it's a humanitarian crisis, a political crisis, an economical crisis as wel as a biological one. Everything is involved. The worst will be the economical crisis, as many companies will struggle to get through this.

I don't really understand what you mean. It's not only a biological crisis in my opinion, it's a humanitarian crisis, a political crisis, an economical crisis as wel as a biological one. Everything is involved. The worst will be the economical crisis, as many companies will struggle to get through this.

Exactly everyone and everything is effected.

The sad part is that this was the perfect time for leaders on all sides to come together and unify the people. To reassure them, that we will come out of this together. That it will be tough, but we will learn and grow from it. We have missed the mark, IMO...

"It's not only a biological crisis in my opinion, it's a humanitarian crisis, a political crisis, an economical crisis as wel as a biological one. Everything is involved."
ugh huh

The US, ever since it became a world power, has behaved like a muscular, arrogant, headstrong adolescent: "Baby Huey", a bull in a china shop, to the consternation of the ROW who mostly have much older, more experienced societies than we. We lack the wisdom to match our muscle. Look who we choose for leaders.

Unfortunately the US is no longer a world power due to breaking so many contracts with other countries and abrogating so many international treaties.

To explain further would involve a political discussion but given the higher than average IQ of this forum most will be able to instantly identify both the various actions and resulting changes in the worlds power structures.

The attached video from an unknown source explains many of the minor factors quite accurately but predates Covid-19. I do not think it violates the politics ban but if it does will the mods please remove it. I suspect it is from a movie but I do not know which one. If anyone does will they please advise the forum or PM me. Thank you

Attachments

• 2018-01-26-VIDEO.mp4
    9.8 MB · Views: 32
Oops! I gloated too soon. Yesterday the governor opened our borders to visitors from neighboring counties with low infection rates (below 400 per million), which includes most of NH, ME, western MA, and northern NY. Les Québécois still not welcome, per Der Fuehrer in DC and his ICE-y attitude regarding "furriners". (Anglo Canadians seem to be OK.) WTF!

I think our weak fuehrer in Ottawa is on board as well and so is the bulk of the Canadian population. In THREE DAYS, the US has had as many cases as all of Canada has had since this all started back in March. We locked down and generally beat the curve down. Some provinces did it well, others not so much. So, the last thing we Canucks need is an open border for obvious reasons.

So I don't get the problem...
hypocracy.

C20DFFEB-83A8-40FA-BA9C-08D83EBD0CE1.jpeg

"... Hmmm, that's not really helpful. I'm genuinly puzzeled what you are trying to say."

And I'm really puzzled by your platitudes Marcel. You have a sharp nose for politicization of threads when it suits you.

Last edited:
So I don't get the problem...
hypocracy.

View attachment 586387

"... Hmmm, that's not really helpful. I'm genuinly puzzeled what you are trying to say."

And I'm really puzzled by your platitudes Marcel. You have a sharp nose for politicization of threads when it suits you.

Where is the hypocrisy in that picture and my post?

I'm seriously puzzled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back