DH Vampire FB5. No.112 Squadron 2nd TAF RAF Jever Germany 1952 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
User name Magnu
Name Lewis
Category Intermediate
Kit Airfix Vampire FB5
Scale 1/72
Accessories Some basic scratch building but mostly OOB
Aircraft.jpg

Well here goes my first GB.
Decided to do this one as it was part of a large 22 kit job lot off Ebay and I don't normally go for jets so don't have any in my stash.

Great, a Vampire at last! I didn't know Airfix did one, but then I don't normally look at 1/72nd scale listings. Looking forward to this mate.

I almost went for the Swedish version but the sharks mouth markings on the RAF version swung it

Great stuff mate! Got the same kit, but mine's gonna be a kiwi...

Btw Terry, the Airfix Vamp is the Heller moulding, same with their Fw 190D-9 and DH 89.

Very cool love the Vampire!

I've got the same kit courtesy of Evan! :)

I wish there were a few more vampires around on the market other than the classic airframes(?) one.

Mearbox, Hunter, Javelin and Phantom, plus Swift and Sabre then thats most RAF covered.
Alex, I know where there's a range of q/48th scale Vampire kits......

How about a Harrier, or Sea Harrier Terry, wouldn't be complete without one of them...

As for more Vamps, extend the build parameters to 'Cold war, ...and RNZAF' and you'll have a second! :lol:

Last edited:
Oops! Forgot the Harriers! Then there's the Valiant, Victor, Vulcan, Canberra, Shackleton, Nimrod, Jaguar, Buccanner, and for the final phase the Tornados, plus some more I can't think of !

Oops! Forgot the Harriers! Then there's the Valiant, Victor, Vulcan, Canberra, Shackleton, Nimrod, Jaguar, Buccanner, and for the final phase the Tornados, plus some more I can't think of !

Some more progress pics, cockpit installed with a few added details
Aircraft012-1.jpg

Aircraft011-1.jpg

Aircraft013-1.jpg

Unfortunately the gun sight fell victim to the carpet monster during the sanding of the seams when the two halves were joined. Wings are now on,as are the intakes and flaps just waiting for the filler to dry before smoothing out the gaps and for the batteries to charge so I can get some pics.

nice work lewis like the vampire, there is a second hand machinery shop who has one as a gate guardian/sign post i drive by i'll try and get some pics this week if you like.

Thanks bemay that would be most welcome.
Some more reference pics would be good, I have managed to find quite a few off the net but you can never have too many
I will try to get some more progress pics up tonight. Just waiting on paint ordered yesterday so I can get the camo. and underside done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back