DH Vampire FB5. No.112 Squadron 2nd TAF RAF Jever Germany 1952

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work, I like this plane because my father was a Vampire pilot for the Swiss Army Air Force, I 'm a Swiss Air Force Pilot only for 4 weeks at year (F/A-18 Hornet pilot)

Just waiting for everything to set hard, before taking pics of the finished article. Not really happy with it as there are an awful lot of lumps and bumps from the bad fit and copious filler, decals have silvered in places and even with as much lead as I could cram into the nose it's still a tail-sitter. The next one will be a Tamiya A10 so hopefully a much easier build.
Aircraft043.jpg

Aircraft044.jpg

Aircraft045.jpg

Aircraft046.jpg

Aircraft047.jpg

Looks good Lewis :thumbright:
If you sprayed on a coat of Dull Coat it might hide some of those lumps and bumps you're not happy with. They tend to show up more with a shiny surface. Its a good easy way to hide imperfections.

Cheers all I will give the matt coat a go and see if that improves the look of it.

Well the matt coat was not a success, made the silvered decals show up worse, fogged the canopy even tho' it was masked and to top it all I snapped off the mass balances on the elevator. It may be salvageable but it will take more work than I feel like putting into it at the moment. Not a happy bunny this am.
Aircraft048.jpg

Aircraft049.jpg

Aircraft050.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back