DH Vampire FB5. No.112 Squadron 2nd TAF RAF Jever Germany 1952

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some more progress pics
Fuselage halves together and wings on
Aircraft017.jpg

Tail booms in place
Aircraft019-1.jpg

Aircraft020.jpg

Aircraft021.jpg

Preshading done first in black then toned down with grey. After hours of filing sanding and filling I still can't get rid of the seam along the top of the fuselage. I have now run glue down it and hope when this dries and is sanded back it won't show as much.
Aircraft022.jpg

Just the landing gear to do and the assembly will be done

Coming along mate!

What glue did you use to fill the seam? If superglue, get into the sanding soon before it hardens too much.

Nice work Lewis, it's coming along nicely. I know when I built one years back, the tail boom was a big problem to get level

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Cheers all. One of the tail booms went on fine the other had a rather large gap that needed some serious filler. The paint arrived this morning so tonight it will be a case of Let us spray, and pray I don't make a mess of it.

Made a start on the camo. Just waiting for it to dry and then will touch up the dark sea grey and a few bits of the dark green
Aircraft030-1.jpg

Couple more pics, touched up the dark green to sharpen up the edges and sprayed the underside azure blue. The seam along the top is still showing but not as bad as I'd feared. I will leave it as it is, anymore filing and sanding and I may have a gaping hole instead of a slight seam line.
Aircraft033-1.jpg

Aircraft034-1.jpg

That's a good effort Lewis the camo really does look great, as for the seams, on any Airfix I've done they have always been a bu**er, and that comments not limited to the Tornado builds I've just finished.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice work Lewis! Never realised the RAF used such a strong Blue on the undersurfaces after the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back